See 83 and 87 Fat Chance to be sold

Fat Vineyard

I want the Fat Fans to see the two Fat Chances I am going to sell to see if anyone in the chat room has any interest and to get an idea of the value of the bikes. The 87 has a poor paint job. It has some orange peel which is why John Troja sent it to me back in 87 when I was still riding because I thought I might build up the trials bike but I didn't care that much about the paint job. The bike was payment for something which is long since forgotten. I hope you all enjoy the pics. Don
P.S. I put the pics in an album but now I do not see how to access the album so I hope you all can find the pics. Sorry for being a computer illiterate.
Far out I found my pics. They are in my profile. Don

Last edited:

colker

I want the Fat Fans to see the two Fat Chances I am going to sell to see if anyone in the chat room has any interest and to get an idea of the value of the bikes. The 87 has a poor paint job. It has some orange peel which is why John Troja sent it to me back in 87 when I was still riding because I thought I might build up the trials bike but I didn't care that much about the paint job. The bike was payment for something which is long since forgotten. I hope you all enjoy the pics. Don
P.S. I put the pics in an album but now I do not see how to access the album so I hope you all can find the pics. Sorry for being a computer illiterate.
Far out I found my pics. They are in my profile. Don

what thumbshifters are those? if 7sp i am interested.:D

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I'd love to see the first one built up! Parts-wise, I am digging the black XT brakes though.
And aside from the fugly saddle, the '83 is fantastic--clean and in good shape. Neat stuff--thanks for sharing!

Value can be all over the place. There were a few older Fats on eBay in the last few months (not as old as '83 if I recall, nor with as neat a story). Unless you ended up in a bidding war it is possible they'd only go to several hundred, but over five is an easy possibility. The '83 could get a good deal more, but you never know (and if you do eBay you should switch the saddle first to something more appropriate). You may be eBay savvy, but just in case--best to have your auction end on a weekend and to start with a low bid (at least, that's what seems to work best for me). Parted out they'd likely bring more money than as completes, but also make more hassle for you in dealing with individual payments/shipments, etc.

That said, the stories on the bikes are great and your pictures are good, and those both affect how much you'd get. The market does seem to be shrinking a little lately. bikes that would have gone for quite a bit last summer are going for a good deal cheaper.

trialsfatrider

You mentioned a trials bike

In your post you mentioned a trials bike you might be building or did build or...anyway, is this a bike pictured in your profile? I looked at the complete '83 and it looks super pretty but not a trials frame. And the incomplete '87 is also gorgeous but certainly not a trials frame set as well. Do you own a Fat City Cycles trials frame set and just don't have it pictured? Or DID you own one at one point and no longer own it? If you have any info on the trials frames put out by FCC, let me know. Please see my post (Trials Framset) under general topics on this forum and repsond accordingly. Thanks a lot.

keep it FAT!