• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Purple King...purple Cooks

Jack Lantern

These came off an early 90's Salsa I recently acquired from the original owner and were original when he bought the bike.

The Cooks cranks are I believe the RSR model. They have a pewter colored standard drive spider (110 x 74) and are 177mm in length. Tapers and threads are in great shape although the arms themselves have the typical scuffs & scratches on the ends and the non-drive arm has a fair amount of chips on one side. The drive side arm has the notch on the back for the front derailleur cage, although there's some scratching around the area. These will come with crank bolts, the outer chainring bolts, and the hard to find longer inner ring bolts & spacers.

The Chris King headset is the older non-logo version and is for 1" threaded forks. Plenty 'o wrench marks on the lock nut & adjustable cup but still completely useable. The upper bearing is quite smooth but the lower bearing should be replaced. I've never needed to have a bearing replaced on any King headset I've owned but I'm told CK will press new bearings in if needed so may as well send them both in. Sorry the crown race is not included, an easy inexpensive purchase.

As you can tell from the pics these parts are not NOS and show definite signs of use so I would not think they would be candidates for the garage queen build. They'd be perfect for the "rider" build however and since CK no longer makes the purple stuff and RSR's in purple are getting harder to find at a fair price this is a great opportunity. Posted prices include shipping within the lower 48.

Cook Bros crankarms : $240 SOLD
King headset : $100 SOLD

Might be open to some trades as well. Drop me a pm.

Attachments

• 100_3948.jpg
    100_3948.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_3949.jpg
    100_3949.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3950.jpg
    100_3950.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_3952.jpg
    100_3952.jpg