• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

10 anniversary for sale-large

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptb

Look this guy is simply not interested in sharing pix of his bike with the community.

Here I always thought this was a site for enthusiasts, sort of an active show and tell thing...

For him it's more of a craigslist for FATS - showing pictures to only those who can give him profit.

Have a nice sale...hopefully the person you are selling it to will be excited to let us all see it.
As stated I'm willing to share with people who are serious about the purchase. This is the "for sale" section not the "community forum" . After a few intial respones similar to yours, I decided anybody really interested would contact me direcly and they have. Weeded out some of the tire kickers and value "experts" seen commenting above. The pictures would only increase speculation and comments on value mostly from people not interested in really purchasing except at a rock bottom price....I was/am a Fat enthusiast and have been for 25 years .

burnzy

Wow

Haven't logged on in a while. Posts are quite potent on this frame. I say put up or shut up. We all have access to paint and stickers. He/She is not what this site is about. Take your frame or your cash and crawl back in your hole "FAN".I don't want it.Though it is my size.....

fat-tony

Staff member
ptb:

Obviously this bike would have sold by now here on Fatcogs if it were going to happen. We all love 10ths. It is true that most riders were into susy forks in 92 but because this particular model was released as a sort of collectors item, hence the fabrication of only 200 (actually slightly less) the rigid BOI fork is very important to this frame. Although this is a "for sale" section here on Fatcogs, you have treated your whole endeavor in selling this bike like this place is an auction site with a BIN price tag. It is not an auction site. Your sell would probably be more suited for fleabay, so you can take the highest bidder. There is somewhat a sense of community on this site because we all love FATS. With that comes some give and take. If you don't mind some advice, items sell better on ebay if you post photos, but to each his own. The highest bidder determines the true "market" value for your item at a particular time.

If you sold this bike by now, more power to you. If not, good luck to you. Let's keep the thread post civil...and move on.

Cheers,
T

Last edited:

chainline

Here here!!! MY thought is That the seller was just trying to ride the wave of the 30th reunion And get someone caught in the moment. !

troda

Here here!!! MY thought is That the seller was just trying to ride the wave of the 30th reunion And get someone caught in the moment. !

Its funny you said that. I've only been heavy into the MTB thing for a short time. It seems like theres a lot of "Fat acivity " going on since the 30th anniv was announced. Thought it was just me

mtbmaniac

Wow, the idiots are multiplying. Thanks for making FC a less interesting place to be, with all your bitter comments.
Heh. Says the guy with 4 posts ;) Welcome!

If I am not mistaken, I have already posted pics of my 10th. But the way some people are addressing this gentlemen makes me think it might have been the wrong thing to do. You have a very sharp tone here. It seems like some here are more interested in getting a great price on his frame, than e.g. hearing his story about when he rode the hills with Christie. "I bet the frame doesnt even exist". "why dont you post pics". "your frame doesnt have the fork". Blablabla! This is not the friendly attitude I associate with Fat City Cycles, like when I called the factory with a question about my Ti, and the friendly lady who answered congratulated me with the purchase and welcomed me to the family. Yes just 4 posts, 5 now, not really sure I want to participate in this "new Fat community", if this is what its like.

Hey seller, if you are there, dont sell the frame! You've had it since new. It is rare. Keep it, rebuild it with new parts, ride and enjoy it, remember how good it was. You'll never get it back if you sell.

Last edited:

fat-tony

Staff member
If I am not mistaken, I have already posted pics of my 10th. But the way some people are addressing this gentlemen makes me think it might have been the wrong thing to do. You have a very sharp tone here. It seems like some here are more interested in getting a great price on his frame, than e.g. hearing his story about when he rode the hills with Christie. "I bet the frame doesnt even exist". "why dont you post pics". "your frame doesnt have the fork". Blablabla, stick it somewhere, morons! This is not the friendly attitude I assosiate with Fat City Cycles, like when I called the factory with a question about my Ti, and the friendly lady who answered congratulated me with the purchase and welcomed me to the family. Yes just 4 posts, 5 now, not really sure I want to participate in this "new Fat community", if this is what its like.

Hey seller, if you are there, dont sell the frame! You've had it since new. It is rare. Keep it, rebuild it with new parts, ride and enjoy it, remember how good it was. You'll never get it back if you sell.

For someone who is wanting a nice happy family here, you certainly are adding fuel to the fire, bro. Peace out.

tvcreative

I would say the lionshare of members here have respect for one another and play quite nicely...

Most consistent members, learn the value of items, and learn the ropes as far as build ups with parts and tech specs...

The value of having the cumulative knowledge of enthusiasts and actual former employees, really is priceless...

I would say that a lot of the people who come here are patient - waiting for the right part the right color...the right bike.

I would also say a lot of us are always trading, building up several bikes at once, and have the money to acquire frames and parts for the right price and condition.

That being said, when something rare comes along, you want to see it to appreciate it, , and see if it fits into your plans for your passion. It means that you shift your priorities as to what you need next -- and shift money from one project to the next.

In this case, there has been a lot of talk, but nothing really to show for it, except a guy that's waiting for all of us to bid against each other.

If it were on ebay, would any of you buy it sight unseen? No not a collectors bike like this...

The written word has a tendency to come off more harshly than if you were sitting and talking. PTB, you have my apology for words that started nicely and got impatient as time elapsed .

Alas, like any other place you go in life, sometimes it takes time to warm up to new people....especially those who who you think may be here on a temporary basis.

I really don't care at this point to see this bike. I will make no more comments on this thread, and I am sorry to the other members for wasting your time with my observations...

Last edited:

colker

I would say the lion share of members here have respect for one another and play quite nicely...

Most consistent members, learn the value of items, and learn the ropes as far as build ups with parts and tech specs...

The value of having the cumulative knowledge of enthusiasts and actual former employees, really is priceless...

I would say the a lot of the people who come here are patient - waiting for the right part the right color...the right bike.

I would also say a lot of us are always trading, building up several builds at once, and have the money to acquire bikes and parts for the right price and condition.

That being said, when something rare comes along, you want to see it to appreciate it, , and see if it fits into your plans for your passion. It means that you shift your priorities as to what you need next -- and shift money from one project to the next.

In this case, there has been a lot of talk, but nothing really to show for it, except a guy that's waiting for all of us to bid against each other.

If it were on ebay, would any of you buy it sight unseen? No not a collectors bike like this...

The written word has a tendency to come off more harshly, than if you were sitting and talking. PTB, you have my apology.

Alas, like any other place you go in life, sometimes it takes time to warm up to new members....especially those who who you think may be here on a temporary basis.

I really don't care at this point to see this bike. I will make no more comments on this thread, and sorry to the other members for wasting your time with my observations...
Amazing politeness and restraint in the face of arrogance and selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.