Aquafade Monster Fat

bonsaii

Since I just received this frame and think it is so damn cool I thought I should show it on the forum.

It's not completly finished, and I do know...not periode correct. The xt group is not exactly new, mabye some of you know the year they came..? Further there are some shiny race face and a 90deg ringl

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    458.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 47

Bucky

Since I just received this frame and think it is so damn cool I thought I should show it on the forum.

It's not completly finished, and I do know...not periode correct. The xt group is not exactly new, mabye some of you know the year they came..? Further there are some shiny race face and a 90deg ringl

bonsaii

The paintjob is really funny. Maybe a black fork would be better, because the color of the fork is not really matching with the color of the dots. Maybe... ;) Can you make pictures of the other site (with the xt parts)? I appreciate first xt-v-brakes came in 96.

Hi there, and thanks for reply!

I know, the color is'nt spot-on, but these forks does'nt grow on trees, so... My plan is to have it painted aquafade with dots, as it is re-painted in Team Violet- almost. (It came of a re-painted Monster bought on ebay a couple of years ago.)

Anyone have a black Yo Eddy! fork... Hoho:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC_0009 (2).JPG
    DSC_0009 (2).JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 12

rthomer

Looks good to me!!

I considered buying this frame for some time. But since I already owned a Monster in need of a restore I figured I didn't need another.
My compliments to you, in the spirit of that crazy paint scheme, the lavender fork doesn't look that odd. In fact it's kind of cool. Nice job in my book, and a quick turn around in making a complete rideable very cool bike!!! Period correct or not! Blahhh!

bonsaii

I considered buying this frame for some time. But since I already owned a Monster in need of a restore I figured I didn't need another.
My compliments to you, in the spirit of that crazy paint scheme, the lavender fork doesn't look that odd. In fact it's kind of cool. Nice job in my book, and a quick turn around in making a complete rideable very cool bike!!! Period correct or not! Blahhh!

Thanks for reply!

A friend of mine works with car paint and has a huge interest in all things american; Chevy, Harley etc. and now ...thatdaah... Fat City cycles :cool:

He is really good in re-construction of colors and make fadings, so I think mabye the fork will undergo a re-paint, some time in the future anyways, as the only thing lacking is time.. :)

Will update when things starts happening...

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I think perhaps you could put some greenish polka dots on the fork for balance ;)

I like it how it is though---great ride!

bonsaii

I think perhaps you could put some greenish polka dots on the fork for balance ;)

I like it how it is though---great ride!

Thanks, mate!

I thought of doing the green polkadots, but are'nt sure about that yet. Will have to change the "mother color" to a purple/violet that suits the dots on the frame better, anyways, more like Bucky's opinion ..?

(Wish I was better in using Photoshop in order to manipulate the color combos first.)

That was a snappy build! I love the YO fork! I had a yellow one on it when I was contemplating building it and it looked way to "circusy" Enjoy the monster!

bonsaii

Polkadot colors

Thanks again, fatty! I love the frame like the others already! =)

Does anyone know the story of the polkadots on this particular frame? I've heard of Yo Eddy!'s with the same colors, but never seen one..