Input on my aqufade project...

I've finally managed to get my hands on a Fat Chance "Yo Eddy!" with an aqua fade paint job! I scrummaged a few parts together to make a start... So far I have a Ritchey headset, A RockShox "Judy SL" fork (tuned by hippie tech suspension), a profile design quill stem, Scott AT-2 handlebars (SO. DAMN. LIGHT!), a ZOOM seat post, and the wheels and saddle were thrown on there for the time being, and will be replaced when I get more suited parts. I'm fairly new with building up a bike from scratch, and even though I had a rough outline of what I wanted (Mavic rims with an XT-XTR gruppo), I wanted to get some input from everybody else on what I should do next!

Attachments

• DSC02726.jpg
    DSC02726.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 45

colker

what year is it? i would leave the Judy there.. finding a Yo fork or BOI (depending on the year of the frame) and then matching paint?
I would concentrate on getting: another stem, post, saddle, bar w/ syncros or Ringle stuff. A salsa stem is my favourote on Fats. Next would be Cook cranks, suntour thumbies and some nice brake levers and cantis. DON'T put V brakes there.
Then find a saddle of choice that also looks good

tvcreative

if this a 92 or newer

i would put a Shimano 737 stuff on it or 900 if you can afford it

I would find an answer hyperlite bar or controltech bar

ringle, or salsa, or syncros stem

grafton crankset or cooks or 737 or 900 shimano

selle flite ti saddle, with syncros seatpost

personally i like ritchey tires, but that is preference...panaracer smoke or dart combo.

I have the same fork hippiteched...they are very plush I wouldn't swap out, but try to find a BOI fork when the time presents itself (when it comes up on sale) or have Igleheart make you a new one.

IF52

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about removing the Judy. It may not be entirely accurate date wise depending on your Yo's model year, but in principal it is more likely a Rock Shox or Manitou fork of some variety was on that bike when new.