Brake stud and spring plate problem

kevin881

So my 1992 Yo was repainted by Keith a few months back (gorgeous Sapphire Fade, btw).

I somehow lost the "spring plates" for the YO fork. The spring plates are those round washers that have 3 holes drilled in them for the brake springs to fit into. They fit on the fork and are secured by the cantilever brake studs.

So, I have the studs... but the PMW spring plates have a hole that is too big and the stud fits right through the hole in the plate. Im dying here. I know they are somewhere, but I have been looking for months and I have to concede that I may have lost them.

I emailed Iglehart and he told me that QBP might make a "problem solver" brake stud that works with the PMW spring plate... but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Is there anyone out there who can has either two spring plates for the smaller diameter studs, or has a link to the "problem solver" studs that Igle told me about?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

kevin881

Do the studs unscrew? if so, you could replace the entire canti stud assembly. Paragon Machine Works offers sever different lengths to choose from:

http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=BK03

They also sell just the ring plates that you're talking about, but there's a chance that they wont fit unless Iglehart used Paragon studs:

http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BK1010

I know PMW and they do not make studs that thread into this size opening. They do not have spring plates for this size either. Thanks.

tvcreative

Acme thread

paragon originally made

plate should be interchangeable

you could possibly have machine shop bang you out a few…based on a metric paragon with spring plate

zonq

You got a response from Iglehart? I sent him two forks a year ago to work on & repaint, and after finding they weren't doable, I've been trying to get him to return them to me or even return an email for 6 months...

Can't get Velocals to process the bloody decal order either...

Proud owner of a rusty old frame in a corner.

kevin881

Acme thread

paragon originally made

plate should be interchangeable

you could possibly have machine shop bang you out a few…based on a metric paragon with spring plate

No the plate isn't interchangeable. Its opening is too great of a diameter for the base of the brake stud. Its slips right through the spring plate. Ill take some photos next week... Im out of town now.

tvcreative

cancel that…

try a stainless washer larger diameter than the spring plate hole, and sandwich between stud and spring plate.

do you still have the Large Yo that I sold you?

kevin881

cancel that…

try a stainless washer larger diameter than the spring plate hole, and sandwich between stud and spring plate.

do you still have the Large Yo that I sold you?

Yes I have it. I am rebuilding it now with a few others. :)
I turned it Grello.

If I use the stainless washer, won't the "spacing" between the stud and the plate make it hard to put the coiled spring into the spring plate hole?

WD Pro

I am UK sorry, but I have had stuff done locally from 2D undimensioned cad drawings that I have done :

Find a local place and agree a 'cash' price or better still see if someone can work for beers / favours ...

If you get really stuck, I could help with the sizes :

WD :D