seeking Wicked fork and other parts

fat-d

Hi folks! I recently bought a 1988 black 19.5" Wicked frame. It didn't come with anything but the seat tube collar. I'm looking for the original unicrown fork (prefer the original yellow color).

I'd also like to find other original parts (press-fit bottom bracket, headset, Salsa stem, seatpost, period-correct XT parts, etc.) if anyone has 'em. Thanks!

Bssc

What size Salsa stem do you seek I have a used one with decals removed. (team sponsorship conflicting) IIRC it is a 135.

fat-d

fatf**knchance said:
your fork is on ebay right now. good luck
I saw that. Pretty rusty, but might be the ticket.

Questions: Around 1988 was the fork on the regular Fat Chance frames the same as the fork on the Wicked frames? Also, the ebay fork is from a 21" frame - will it fit my 19.5" as long as I cut down the steerer tube? (Were those forks all the same size except for different steerer tube lengths?)

fatf**knchance

you can have the fork cut down to fit, but you may need to have a shop cut some more thread. both easy jobs, low cost. neither of the frames are suspension corrected so there should not be any difference. if there is, it would be minimal and you would never notice it.

vCi

Bssc

Fat made unicrowns were standard on both frames you could get a big one inch if you asked and knew about them. I much preferred the unis over the big one inch for the technical rocky sections.