• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1990 Yo Eddy FS

AB

Saw it a few days ago ... it's way more of a "medium" than a "S/M". Good price.

N10S

I figured I would see what kind of response I would get from the MTBR add, and then potentially go ebay, but you guys are the ones that really care about these bikes. I would rather price it right to this audience, and perhaps see it into someones hands that will give it a good home. I think that if I don't sell it here, I will just keep it

Btw- Thanks for the replys... :)

Jeff

rody

Jeff,

A real nice bike, a steal at that price too. Just wish it was a size or two bigger :(

cheers,

Rody

settemarche

N10S said:
I figured I would see what kind of response I would get from the MTBR add, and then potentially go ebay, but you guys are the ones that really care about these bikes. I would rather price it right to this audience, and perhaps see it into someones hands that will give it a good home. I think that if I don't sell it here, I will just keep it

Btw- Thanks for the replys... :)

Jeff

Can the cranks be set up for triple rings?

thanks,

Sette

N10S

Yes, I am certain they can..just never did it while I have owned the bike. I will double check though.

N10S

I confirmed that the RSR cranks are threaded for a triple. You would have to source the chainwheel bolts and spacers, but it should be an easy upgrade.

Jeff

fat-tony

Staff member
N10S said:
I confirmed that the RSR cranks are threaded for a triple. You would have to source the chainwheel bolts and spacers, but it should be an easy upgrade.

Jeff

Does this have cup type and loose bearings bottom bracket or threaded? Any rust, seattube or else where?

N10S

fat-tony said:
Does this have cup type and loose bearings bottom bracket or threaded? Any rust, seattube or else where?

Its not threaded, but appears to be the pressed-in type with the retention collar. I assumed that all of the older Fats had that type set-up...?? I will check inside the seat-tube, but the post is actually a 27.2 with a shim. It moves freely and appears to not be rusty or seized-up in any way. As far as other rust goes, the bike has a number of small surface paint chips, with tiny amounts of surface rust here and there, so to say absolutely no rust would be incorrect. Nothing significant I can tell you that for sure. For anyone that might be interested the left-side top-tube has the Yo Eddy decal in place, and the right side almost looks like it never had one.

JR
smile.gif

Update Note: Checked the seat-post bore and it looks clean and smooth and the post/shim slid out freely and was well greased. Hope this info helps!

Jeff

Last edited:

fat-tony

Staff member
N10S said:
Its not threaded, but appears to be the pressed-in type with the retention collar. I assumed that all of the older Fats had that type set-up...?? I will check inside the seat-tube, but the post is actually a 27.2 with a shim. It moves freely and appears to not be rusty or seized-up in any way. As far as other rust goes, the bike has a number of small surface paint chips, with tiny amounts of surface rust here and there, so to say absolutely no rust would be incorrect. Nothing significant I can tell you that for sure. For anyone that might be interested the left-side top-tube has the Yo Eddy decal in place, and the right side almost looks like it never had one.

JR
smile.gif

Update Note: Checked the seat-post bore and it looks clean and smooth and the post/shim slid out freely and was well greased. Hope this info helps!

Jeff

Looks as though Bushpig may have beat me to it.

kevin881

glad someone from here is buying this bike from Jeff. He is a great guy, and knows he could get more cash on ebay, but wants to sell it to someone who will give it a good home.

congrats bushpig :)

N10S

Thanks for the reference Kevin, and Bushpig thanks for buying the bike, I know it will be in good hands!!
biggrin.gif

Jeff

Jeeves

Holy smokes. Great price, and thanks for offering it here. I'd have bought this for my girlfriend in a heartbeat if I had seen it in time.

Beautiful ride!

-Raj

fat-tony

Staff member
bushpig said:
I'm very happy to get a "Z" Yo. I've been looking for one. Now if I can find a Team Comp, I'll be set!

Congrats on the Yo. I have been meaning to ask what is a "Z" Yo?