My first fat

Bigbead75

Hi All,

Been waiting to get my hands on one of these for years and I finally did!

It was tucked away in someone's basement and is in good condition. Few nicks and scratches, but they're just cosmetic.

I remember 20 years ago I used to dream about owning one of these...better late than never!

So - very curious to know what year this is. It only has the "Don't tread on me - made in Massachusetts" sticker on it. Guessing that it's a 1991 (11 referring to the size (21") and year (91)

It's black. Serial # 143W11. It's a 21".

Thanks in advance and proud to be a Fat owner!

I'm going to do a full restoration on this. Does anyone have information about the proper colour schemes for this particular model/year.

Sorry for the crummy picture.
Photo%2020.jpg

Attachments

• Photo 20.jpg
    Photo 20.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

colker

It's a wicked.
I waited 10 years to get my first and it was a wicked . Rode it today and it's such a blast: perfect fit.perfect balance. I want another one!

Bigbead75

I polished her up and the bike is in really good shape...very clean, just a few nicks here and there. It's like it was barely used. What's the deal with the bottom bracket on these?

Also, anyone know where I could find the paint schemes for this model/year?

Thanks!

Best,

J

fat-tony

Staff member
Please don't repaint....(you won't need the paint schemes if you take my advice). This is an original prototype FAT that is even reverse drive! How cool it that! :cool: It will be worth more you you don't repaint it.

rthomer

Are you guys serious about this being a reverse drive bike?? Looks like the negative was scanned backwards to me.
Maybe the jokes on me. :confused:

Bigbead75

first fat update

After having this bike sit around for a while, I'm lucky enough to find someone who has a full Suntour xc pro groupset (seatpost, hubs, pedals, headset + all the rest). Have to give the American Stem back but getting a Tioga Tbone...and a nice old Bontrager saddle. Can't wait to have her built up and hit the trails. The suntour stuff looks pretty rad and I hear that it works well. Pics to follow next week.