yo eddy fork?

chefmiguel

Fork production stopped for a couple of years iirc. I called to order one to replace a bent Judy and was told "no".

mainlyfats

1994 and everybody was on a hardtail. I believe Judys came out in 94/95.

Where I worked it was only the mechanics that rode rigid mtb forks by 1994. Most willing to pay the Fat premium would have shelled out the cash for a suspension fork.

IF52

Where I worked it was only the mechanics that rode rigid mtb forks by 1994. Most willing to pay the Fat premium would have shelled out the cash for a suspension fork.

That was pretty much my experience, except by that point almost nobody, including employees, who bought a Fat through our shop bought one with a rigid fork, other then maybe a wicked here and there. We were pretty much a Manitou shop, so almost every Fat that went out the door had a Manitou on it, or maybe from time to time an RS Mag whatever. Then in 95ish maybe Earl Bob started rolling on a RS Judy so we started pushing RS forks harder. Easy sell when you have a Fat team racer as one of your mechanics in the shop.

I also recall, as stated above that Fat forks were pricey, so most folks figured they would rather put that toward a susp fork instead, on top of the fact that suspension was becoming more accepted. Several Fats we sold just moved over parts from the owners old bike too. So if maybe they couldn't quite afford a new suspension fork they would use the rigid fork off their old bike for a while until they could.

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
My '91 came with a Yo Eddy/segmented fork, and when I destroyed it in '92 I went with a Mag 20 to replace it. Seemed to be the thing to do, and yeah, the Fat forks weren't particularly cheap.

Why would I want to go back to the past?? ....of course I've spent all of my most modern years doing just that :)

Just bumping this up. Still in search of a fork, but would also consider a suspension fork that would work with this frame. Any one out there have something they could sell me?