Need spindle clamps

monorchus

Does anyone know where I can get replacement bottom-bracket spindle clamps? This is for an older model Yo (1991, I think) where the bottom-bracket bearings are press fit into the frame, and the spindle is a slip fit into the inner bore of the bearings. The aluminum clamps have a set screw to gouge into the spindle. When the clamps fail, the spindle is free to slide sideways in the bottom bracket.

The aluminum clamps are fragile. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advise on a good work around?

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Welcome! And search through the site--this is a common problem and there have been a number of threads on it.

Karl

Does anyone know where I can get replacement bottom-bracket spindle clamps? This is for an older model Yo (1991, I think) where the bottom-bracket bearings are press fit into the frame, and the spindle is a slip fit into the inner bore of the bearings. The aluminum clamps have a set screw to gouge into the spindle. When the clamps fail, the spindle is free to slide sideways in the bottom bracket.

The aluminum clamps are fragile. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advise on a good work around?

Take a look here-
http://groovycycleworks.com/fatproducts.aspx