Fat City BB Setup

Butcher

Good question - I know Rody has the bearings and locking collars on his web site groovy cycle works. As for the a spindle I'm not sure. I got a new set of bearings and a matching spindle from Phil Wood, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the locking collars since the diameter of the Phil Wood spindle is greater than the orginal set up.

If I can get my Phil wood set up to work I would have a steel spindle and locking collars I'd be willing to part with. My Yo Eddy is currently being restored so this whole BB mess is going to sort itself out soon.

ameybrook

Good question - I know Rody has the bearings and locking collars on his web site groovy cycle works. As for the a spindle I'm not sure. I got a new set of bearings and a matching spindle from Phil Wood, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the locking collars since the diameter of the Phil Wood spindle is greater than the orginal set up.

If I can get my Phil wood set up to work I would have a steel spindle and locking collars I'd be willing to part with. My Yo Eddy is currently being restored so this whole BB mess is going to sort itself out soon.

Can I ask what you you paid for the Phil setup?

Butcher

Can I ask what you you paid for the Phil setup?

No problem. The spindle was not cheap at $130 but it was a custom length ti one - steel was significanly less. The bearings were something like $9/each - seemed like a pretty good deal to me. That ti spindle is solid with a 17mm outer diameter (should be pretty stiff/no flex) and is very well done and light - I cannot wait to get my freshly restored Yo built back up so I can see how it works on the trail.