FAT CHANCE headbadge!

Allhailbeefrod

ok i know a lot of you are purists, however, i stumbled apon this website and this cool chick makes custom headbadges. I'm having her make me a crossbones fat chance face headbadge...but this is just a simple badge shes already done... i think its FAT! Her website is www.jen-green.com Just check her stuff out....

Attachments

• email Fat Chance.jpg
    email Fat Chance.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 66

MikeyNYC

I'm having my Wicked Fat Chance repainted and "renovated" to new condition by Vicious Cycles and since this is already "out of the bag", I figured I'd let everyone know that it's MINE, so at least I can say I was the first one to go all out on a custom Sterling Silver FAT CITY CYCLES head badge instead of waiting for a boring decal! ;)

I came up the idea and contacted Jen Green, who designed and created it. I gave her an idea of what I wanted, but she did ALL of the work, quite Quickly I might add! She is an incredible artist and she duplicated the head tube decal art of a Fat Chance in Sterling Silver and it's really pretty awesome!

As much as I doubt anyone else will be willing to pay for "Bike Jewelry" like this please check out: www.jen-green.com she does really top notch work and has the patience to deal with crazy bike folks like us!

Michael-NYC

rody

Jen does fantastic work, but you definately pay...

I had all my headbadges custom laser cut from emachineshop in stainless...a little polishing and you have a killer badge for about 5 bucks a piece.

I'd be interested in doing the CAD design and work if there was enough interest.

cheers,

rody

mainlyfats

That's too cool

rody said:
I had all my headbadges custom laser cut from emachineshop in stainless...a little polishing and you have a killer badge for about 5 bucks a piece.

I'd be interested in doing the CAD design and work if there was enough interest.

cheers,

rody

Sign me up Rody - I'll take two! Do (would?) you do bolt-on or glue-on?

If you're really bored, I'd love one of the Chris Chance headbadges (like my avitar). A good picture is at http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/chris_chance_cycles.htm .

Last edited:

lucifer

If they are stainless you can just braze them on.... of course this would only be applicable on full refinishes.

MikeyNYC

lucifer said:
If they are stainless you can just braze them on.... of course this would only be applicable on full refinishes.

I originally wanted to have mine brazed on but wasn't sure who was going to do the re-paint, so having it screwed on would be just fine...

I actually got the idea from the early Chris Chance Road Frames that had stars brazed all over them, like mainlyfats avitar!

Michael-NYC

MikeyNYC

Allhailbeefrod said:
hey Mikey i'm sorry to have let the cat out of the bag....It'll be a killer job though!

No sweat, I'm flattered that you thought it was a cool idea! ;) As much of a rag-tag bunch of misfits we all may be on here, we're all part of a common "brotherhood" (possibly "sisterhood too?) who all dig Fat City bikes!

Are there many if any female FAT COGS who are members here?

Michael-NYC

scant

I've got a big ole lump of sheet titanium. If I can figure out how to bend it to the right angle, I might dremel out a FAT logo for my FAT ti... nice in silver MikeNYC :D

Allhailbeefrod

Well to let my Cat out of the baf...i stumbled apon Mikey's headbadge after i commissioned jen to do this for me.....what do yall think?

Attachments

• Yo Eddy!.jpg
    Yo Eddy!.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 49

MikeyNYC

Allhailbeefrod said:
The frame is Doo-doo brown...I might just leave in inside black...

Allhailbeefrod,

Uhm, was "Doo-Doo Brown" a stock color for a Yo Eddy? ;) Or is this a recent repaint?

I know this is a touchy subject, but do you have decals on the frame?

Can you please try to post some photos of the frame, so we can see how the badge would look? I would probably say don't have color added but you never know unless you see all options...

Michael-NYC

DaveH

Head badge

Hi guys, if you want a custom head badge made by someone who has more of a connection to fat City than the others mentioned try Hoss Rogers (http://hossrogers.com/) he was one of the original painters for FC and now dose custom jewlery and stuff. He said he was going to send me a picture of one he made. When I get the picture i'll post it

DaveH
91 YO
freakin green

yoshboston

Way cool

I am rebuilding my Yo finally and just dropped you a line via email AllHail on the YE head badge. Thanks for posting. /josh

kevin881

I talked to jennifer, I am going to buy one of the Yo headbadges, and she is going to try to make me the word "team." that is present on the headtube also.

:D