Stem suggestions?

Hi there. I have been building up a 94 Yo Eddy frame I got a while back. Haven't been able to find a fork or a stem for it. I finally gave up on trying to get a Yo fork and bought a mint condition Rock Shox Mag 21. Now all I need is the stem and I am good to go.

But finding a stem is also proving to be difficult. Any thoughts / suggestions on stems that might be more readily available? I was hoping I could find a Salsa Roller similar to what I have on my original 93 Yo, but at this point, I just want to get the bike done.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

iveto1983

Hi there. I have been building up a 94 Yo Eddy frame I got a while back. Haven't been able to find a fork or a stem for it. I finally gave up on trying to get a Yo fork and bought a mint condition Rock Shox Mag 21. Now all I need is the stem and I am good to go.

But finding a stem is also proving to be difficult. Any thoughts / suggestions on stems that might be more readily available? I was hoping I could find a Salsa Roller similar to what I have on my original 93 Yo, but at this point, I just want to get the bike done.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

Hi. Because you are using suspension forks, you do not need a roller stem. 22.2 Salsa stems without rollers are quite easy to find on ebay. Ringle are popular on Fats, but I like some of the Ritchey & Tioga stems also.

Hi. Because you are using suspension forks, you do not need a roller stem. 22.2 Salsa stems without rollers are quite easy to find on ebay. Ringle are popular on Fats, but I like some of the Ritchey & Tioga stems also.

Many thanks. Will look for that particular size Salsa. A roller stem came up the other day and sold while I was sleeping. Bummed to miss it. Would still like one since I eventually plan to find a Fat fork and swap it out for the Rockshox fork. Just got tired of waiting so I went with the RS for now.