Wicked Fat Rebuild-Need Help

Wickedjigs

Hey all. I bought my Wicked Fat in Somerville in '91 from chris and a girl named beth.
Anyway, It got stolen in 1997 in Los Angeles. I found it five years later and took it back by force. (long story) It has languished and the time has come for some resto.

Ultimately I would like to restore it to showroom condition, then ride the piss out of it and do it all over again in ten or 12 years.

What I need are components. Does anyone have a complete Deore XT group consisting of
thumbies (732's), brake levers, F & R Der's (M735's), Crankset 175mm and rings. My BB is good and my brakes are good save the suntour levers that are on there now.

Anyone that can help me out.

Thanks.

chainline

Yeah the bay is a good source for that just type in nos shimano and what your looking for it should come up. saw the thumbies and f derail. also you can try firstflightbikes.com Jeff has a bunch of nos stuff as well, and a bunch of other cool stuff wcw hubs etc. have fun.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Another economical option is to try to find a complete XT-equipped bike from a less illustrious maker and swap the parts over. You can sell off what don't need and recoup a lot of the outlay. I've done that with Kleins and such to get parts for my Fats :)

Craigslist is also worth checking every now and again.