Finding a spindle

Spikes

If I am not mistaken, I can get bearings and spindle collars from Rody. However, where can I get a spindle? :confused:

mainlyfats

That's a tough one... I wouldn't be surprised if Rody has some spiindles too, but the only readily available ones I've seen lately are from Phil Wood. They require the use of Phil's bearings and collars because they are metric, not imperial.

The upside is that least you won't have to look everywhere for the imperial allen key to tighten or loosen the collars!

I know it's not your style, but if I was missing everything, I'd seriously consider one of these: http://store.velo-orange.com/index....ets/grand-cru-threadless-bottom-brackets.html

AB

Rody has spindles and I have a small stock of them too. There is a tread on here somewhere already listing available lengths and price. I'll try to find it.

AB

FYI - see the For Sale post "OEM Fat Chance Bottom Bracket Spindles".

Last edited:

Spikes

Thanks all, that gives me somewhere to start. I emailed Phil and the they have the spindles and bearings, but not the collars unfortunately. They also asked me the desired spindle length. What would be the right size for a 1985 Kicker with a Shimano FC-6206 (M700)?

blainar

BB spindle with bearings and collars

I have a spindle with bearings, collars and seal from my Wicked Fat Chance if you are interested in it. It came with the frame when purchased and I replaced with Bullseye 2 piece crank set. Let me know what measurements that you need and I will try to provide you with them.

Spikes

Wow, many thanks for your offer. Not sure what measurements I need, but my guess is that a Wicked bb with fit my Kicker too.

Regards,

Spikes