Fat Chance Decals?

al brown

Hello,
i scored a Fat Chance MTB frame off e-bay (US$110.00!) and I'm wanting to do it as a classic retro bike. It's flouro orange and supposed to be about 1987 vintage or similar. It's in good shape and I want to respray and put on original decals. How can I find an original set? It's just the basic black FAT CHANCE decals. I don't even know what model bike it is. I think it might be a wicked, as it's got full rack eylets. Serial number is 871446F it it means anything!! Cheers and happy riding!

al

jo eddy

Decals

Hi,send her the seriel number and 25Dollar !!!
mailto: PM SCANT

Adress:Fat City Cycles
P.O.Box 876
Stowe,Vermont 05672

Her name is Wendyl Behrend

Cheers Olli

Last edited by a moderator:

marinti

jo eddy said:

P.O.Box 876
Stowe,Vermont 05672

Cheers Olli

About 10days ago I have sent her also money for a Yo Decalset, haven't heard from her since.
According to the Dutch Post it normally takes about 4days to get it over there!

I will wait and see what happens!

yo' djblu

I did this as well. I went via email, sent cc number like I did when I was getting decals for my wife's bike. I have yet to get a reply as well. She may be away or quite busy.

Keep me informed and If i hear anything via email I iwll let u know. I sent another this morning just to be safe.

s

marinti

yo' djblu said:
I did this as well. I went via email, sent cc number like I did when I was getting decals for my wife's bike. I have yet to get a reply as well. She may be away or quite busy.

Keep me informed and If i hear anything via email I iwll let u know. I sent another this morning just to be safe.

s

OK will do, Thanx!

BillyD

I would askthe person who is doing your repaint to see if they could get some stickers for you. Most likely they deal with a person who makes these types of stickers and can reproduce original Fat stickers.

I ended up having to do that after the originals I got from Wendell got ruined.

BillyD

Write Independent Fabrications and ask them who makes there stickers. I bet they use the same company that use to make all the Fat Chance stickers.

Just an ideal.

yo' djblu

WOO HOO!! got an email today to send the money and not pay by credit card for my frame decals! This was a VERY nice email to get.

Address for her is posted above! I would email her just to be on the safe side. She also likes to know the Sn of the bike you will be putting the decals on.

al brown

jo eddy said:

P.O.Box 876
Stowe,Vermont 05672

Cheers Olli
Thanks for the help!

Al

fat-tony

Staff member
decals

FYI: be patient Grasshopper, like the pebble in the pond. I sent payment 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I am sure the order will arrive, just not a instant as we probably all wish.
T

fat-tony

Staff member
decals

FYI: I sent payment a month ago and I still can not even get a simple email back explaining when the items will be shipped. Hope everyone else here is having better luck.

fat-tony

Staff member
decals

Well, I followed my own advise regarding being patience and it has got me no where. I sent payment to her 2 months ago and have followed up with 5 emails and have heard nothing back and received nothing (to the tune of $110). No nothing! I would not be ordering anything from her, but that is up to you. Has anyone received or heard anything in the past 2 months, just wondering? :(

Tony

henk19

Decals

I sent her a check about three months ago for some decals and have received nothing, I have not heard anything back from her either.
I am being patient though, sometimes a good thing is worth waiting for...but this is getting a little ridiculous.

yo' djblu

Strange how things happen... I was driving home from work today thinking, damn I wish my decals would come. I sent her money as well Many moons ago and I live CLOSE to VT. well 3 states away. I am sure shes not making a living off these decals but I agree this is a CRAZY long wait. I dont even know if she cashed the check. Have to look into that. aNY one get any word on decals from her except that she can get them???

BillyD

When I had Ted Wojick repaint my frame he had to have new stickers remade after he noticed a blemish in the new paint. So he completely repainted the frame and took off the stickers i got from Wendyll and ordered the stickers new. But, He and Wendyll are not on speaking terms. It's a long story and I don't need to air there business.

Ted uses the same company that used to make all the fat city stickers make his bikes stickers. I think this company is in boston. You could get what ever you want i assume. I don't remeber the name of the company but the stickers where dead on like the ones I originally got from wendyll. There are pictures of my frame here on this site with stickers not from wendyll. I would guess that Idependent fabrications uses the same company.
I would email them and ted and see if they could help you point you in the right direction.

Just a thought

fat-tony

Staff member
decals

Well, I will never again order anything from Wendyll. I am still waiting, no reply, no nothing.

visitor

I e-mailed Wendyll and got a very prompt reply earlier this summer. I ended up getting my Yo repainted by Vicious Cycles and they took care of the decals for me. They did an amazing job on the frame, decals are flawless, and the clear coated the whole thing. Well worth the ~$500 I paid for the repaint and decal application and return shipping. Contact IF, Vicious Cycles or other vendors they can get the decals.

Can't wait to get some parts and get it built up. Once I finish I will get some pictures to post to the site.

fat-tony

Staff member
decals

I understand that various painting companies can obtain the declas through their sources. My point here is that I am currently out $110 for various items I have paid for and I can not even get a reply email and I have not been a nuance to her. There are others on this board who are in my same situation. I just won't everyone here to understand what they are dealing with if they place future orders. Maybe there is a reason that she has not replied, I just don't know and hope that anything is okay.