"OFFICIAL" COLOR????

Kirk Pacenti

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Seems to be the million dollar question, Kirk. There are a few companies like D&D who have replicated the original paint. I had a Team Violet Yo Eddy, and the color is definitely a pearl. It's easily my favorite color. The second I find myself a Mass. M/L Yo Eddy frame, it will be repainted that color.

If you do find out the specifics of the color, please do share with the rest of us Fat nerds.

doug

lucifer

I'm trying to remember where I read it but I seem to recall that it is a lavender base with a red tinted "pearly" <-(my word) clear coat.

rick

Lavendar color

I have two bikes in that color, don't see any red in it, but it is certainly a pearl...

Kirk Pacenti

clear coat

The lavender / violet color is likely an opaque color with a "red pearl" clear coat. That is a pretty common way to jazz up solid colors without going to a metalic or candy paint.

Cheers,

scant

Milka!

I asked wendyl about the official line on this colour a while back (I've also got a 93 Yo in lavender :D )

The paint was generally intended to match the milka chocolate bar wrapper. Over time there might be slight differences in the actual shade, depending on what paint was available close to the Milka wrapper at the time.. typical FAT cool huh ;D

As correctly mentioned above. After the lavender (leslies lavender) had been applied. A very light dusting of metallic red was applied over the top. This is best observed in clear sunlight.

My yo came with a tange strut rather than the yo eddy fork, I've since found a Yo fork that I'd also like to get sprayed to match. So like everyone else I'd also be interested in the exact colour code if this is one... or milka bar wrapper :)

Kirk Pacenti

Chocolate???

scant,

I am a confirmed "chocoholic" but I have never heard of Milka. Is it a regional / foriegn brand?

scant

bummer! they've changed the wrapper colour! its deffo darker than it used to be! how could they!

Zook

Mmmm. Milka Bar... They sell these in San Diego @ World Market. Terrible about the new labels, but the hey same great taste!

-Z

fat-tony

Staff member
Team Violet

I am interested in this color too if anyone finds the PPG. Also, does anyone know which Yo decal set was typically used with this color? Was it the "Team Fat Chance" decal in black and white only or the one with yellow included in it?

BillyD

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug Carter

Staff member
fat-tony said:
I am interested in this color too if anyone finds the PPG. Also, does anyone know which Yo decal set was typically used with this color? Was it the "Team Fat Chance" decal in black and white only or the one with yellow included in it?

The only ones I ever saw, including mine, were yellow (not fluorescent) decals with black outlines, like the forum logo. I don't think I have ever seen one in a different color decal setup.

fat-tony

Staff member
team color, herad from Mike

Please find my below correspondenece with Mike Flanigan at ANT:

Original email from me:

Mike:
Hope you don't mind me asking, but I am getting my 1993 Yo Eddy
repainted. It currently is a Sapphire Teal color and I want to change
it to the Team Violet color. The one that was modeled after the Milka
chocolate bar wrapper (so I have heard). Any idea on the PPG color
and paint process to achieve this color? I have attached a photo of a
Shock-a-billy that has the color. Also, do you do repaints yourself?

Thank you for your time,
Tony

From Mike:

Hello Tony.

Thanks for getting in touch. I came up with the color trying to match
the Team jersey. I am not sure where they came up with the color for the
jersey? I used to custom mix the paint and later it was made by my
paint suppier at the time. So I am sorry, but I do not know what that mix was
as that I did it by eye. I would suggest getting in touch with Serrota as that they did this
paint job with the stock PPG paint color. You might could work with Toby at
Hot Tubes painting. I am sure he could do a match too, but by eye.
After ten years of custom painting I am all done with that. I have all
my bikes powder coated.

Sincerely Mike Flanigan/ANT

scant

the matched by eye part.. that refers to the milka wrapper! (no BS!)

I hate to even mention the name.. but I've seen a IF ti with lavender paint.. another option..

fat-tony

Staff member
"Offical" color

SOL on info from Serotta. They were very nice, helpful, and accomodating, but did not have any info on the PPG or process for colors "Team Violet" or "Grellow". Looks like it will have to be done by "eye" if I decide to re-paint.

scant

grellow was 1/4 bright yellow, 3/4 bright green mixed into clear. again curious to hear back about any repros in grellow :)