Who has ordered the new Yo! until now... anybody here?

Quacker Whacker

first production run

i'm scheduled to receive my new frame sometime this month but have yet to get a confirmed date. i'll be sure to post photos prior to building up the frame. I opted for a lavender 650b and will be building it with mfgr components who were around when I first starting racing Fat's in 92...

rockshox
Syncros or Easton
Chris King and Mavic
and I might even go as far as this - http://www.whiteind.com/mountain-cranks

we'll see how the $$$ hold up as I work through the build.

Wookie

I sent an email asking for an ETA on my frame (production, ordered early). Received a response:

Your frame is scheduled to be completed as part of our first batch which is getting underway at the moment. We're aiming for delivery at the start of September all being well. If this changes at all we'll let you know.
Cheers,
Alex.

Fat Chance Bicycles LLC,
support@fatchancebicycles.com
www.fatchancebicycles.com

DocChill

Hi FATfans,

today I got this e-mail from Chris:

"Dear Daniel,

It' been a while since we updated you on your new Fat Chance frame and with us being so close to getting paint on the first of the Kickstarter bikes I wanted to share with you some more details on exactly where we're at. If all goes as planned, this week the first custom Kickstarter frames will be ready to go to the custom paint shop. Powder coating will begin on the remaining KickStarter frames next week.

It's a big step. It means, as far as the framebuilding goes, these first frames have gotten all the love we can give them. We are doing the final checks now. We’ve done all that’s possible for full-on Fat performance and function. Now we just need to give them some color and final assembly. Then we'll roll them out to the first recipients!

Again, if all goes as planned, the first ones will ship later this month and the rest of this first batch including your Production frame are scheduled to go out in January. We will give more info on ship dates once we have put a few bikes through the entire process.

Hangingframes2-1024x698.jpg

Some of you have been contacting us asking when your bike will be coming to you. Let me fill you in a bit. When starting on the this first run of Fat Chance frames I had no idea what a long journey I would be on. There’s been so much tooling to do. Then the proofing of each tool or fixture, ensuring it makes the parts just as we need them. And for sure, I didn't know how much of the production I would be doing myself. The answer has been a lot!! I have been here, at Ventana, working long hours for months, assuring each step is done to the highest quality. A big appreciation to Sherwood Gibson and his team for being so great to work with!

Those of you that have ridden Fats, know I am very meticulous with all aspects of framebuilding. From designing through the final touches. I like my frames to look clean and streamlined. I am spending considerable time creating this visual quality. It doesn't do much for the eyes that don't look. But many folks over the years have told me how much they appreciate the clean lines and simplicity of my designs. This finish work is my personal touch. And I really appreciate your patience & understanding. The wait will be worth it!

I'm really excited to see pix of your first ride! Please do send them to me. They will have a special place on my wall.

Cheers to the Fat coming your way.

Chris Chance"

I think, that we'll see the first new Yo's in the beginning of next year -
in advance great, restorative christmas days to you ;)!

Greetings,
Daniel

Stingercut

Good things come to those that wait :beer: You could wait up to 3 yrs for a hand built Aston Martin or Morgan :beer::beer:

DocChill

Any Kickstarter purchasers receive notification of shipment yet?
I don't have to many detailed updates for you, but with reference to the latest rumors it seems, that the "kickstarter-purchasers" and the first "production-Yo!-purchasers" (like me) will be very happy in the begining of February ;).

It's like @stingercut said: "Good things come to those that wait :beer:."

I also added the custom-painted Thomson X4 stem in grello with 80 mm length to my Yo!

Can't wait :)!

Cheers,
Daniel

wesintl

I ordered up a team violet 29r xl production. I wish i was flush during the kickstarter so i could have got a segmented fork

ordered a painted stem too. we'll see when it shows

Wookie

I ordered up a team violet 29r xl production. I wish i was flush during the kickstarter so i could have got a segmented fork

ordered a painted stem too. we'll see when it shows

I also ordered the xl voilet (minus the fd mount & bosses).

LeeDumler

I was just at D&D Cycles today dropping a Steve Potts off for paint, and I saw one of the new Fats. It was a harlequin Aqua Fade in 650B. He also had one of the new Yo forks in Cherry Love. He also showed me pictures of some of the frames that have already been completed and shipped out. They all looked fantastic, and the decals were spot on from the originals. Seems like we should be seeing some new builds under way any day now. Can't wait.

Stingercut

I was just at D&D Cycles today dropping a Steve Potts off for paint, and I saw one of the new Fats. It was a harlequin Aqua Fade in 650B. He also had one of the new Yo forks in Cherry Love. He also showed me pictures of some of the frames that have already been completed and shipped out. They all looked fantastic, and the decals were spot on from the originals. Seems like we should be seeing some new builds under way any day now. Can't wait.

Ohhh maaaan...where are the pics of the Aquafade ??? :rolleyes:

Scottp

I received my frame last Friday. I ordered a 29er in size XL w/ a fork and stem. Grello. It's beautiful. The fork has the teardrop gussets on the front & rear - my old 26" fork just had that on the backside of the blade. And yes, as a post earlier said that the decals are spot-on, I agree. The only one missing is the state flag - I was hoping they'd add a CA flag on the seatube like the MA flag of the early 90's or NY one from the mid 90's. Buy yeah, nice execution. The powder coat on my frame is thick. Thick means durable and I like that - but it is so thick I cannot make out the serial number on the BB shell.

My build will be completed by tomorrow - I forgot to order the King BB adaptor along w/ the rest of my parts. My build is straightforward: XT 1 x 11, King HS & BB, i9 wheels, & Thompson.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11166059@N07/25181459913/in/dateposted-public/

fat-tony

Staff member
I received my frame last Friday. I ordered a 29er in size XL w/ a fork and stem. Grello. It's beautiful. The fork has the teardrop gussets on the front & rear - my old 26" fork just had that on the backside of the blade. And yes, as a post earlier said that the decals are spot-on, I agree. The only one missing is the state flag - I was hoping they'd add a CA flag on the seatube like the MA flag of the early 90's or NY one from the mid 90's. Buy yeah, nice execution. The powder coat on my frame is thick. Thick means durable and I like that - but it is so thick I cannot make out the serial number on the BB shell.

My build will be completed by tomorrow - I forgot to order the King BB adaptor along w/ the rest of my parts. My build is straightforward: XT 1 x 11, King HS & BB, i9 wheels, & Thompson.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11166059@N07/25181459913/in/dateposted-public/

Looking sweet!

PTOWN Bikes

I can tease

sad there was no hang tag or owners info

color is better than my 1994 bike

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 40