2015 Yo Eddy Frames on Kickstarter!

Stingercut

Let's not go down in history as the poor relations to Yeti and Chehalis Klein owners :redface: I'm in for only $250, looking forward to some new clothing.

Last edited:

DocChill

I'm in for only $250, looking forward to some new clothing.
...me too :)! More is not possible for me at the moment... but maybe in 2016 ;)! I really, really hope that he'll get a last minute backer who takes a big frame frame package... it would be so sad, if this project fails :(. I'm sure, that everything would move better, if Chris had shown a prototype before starting the kickstarter-campaign.

Hoping the best for Fat Chance Bicycles!

Cheers,
Daniel

Stingercut

...me too :)! More is not possible for me at the moment... but maybe in 2016 ;)! I really, really hope that he'll get a last minute backer who takes a big frame frame package... it would be so sad, if this project fails :(. I'm sure, that everything would move better, if Chris had shown a prototype before starting the kickstarter-campaign.

Hoping the best for Fat Chance Bicycles!

Cheers,
Daniel

Well said ! It must be demoralising ( not seen any new forum posts on KS) not to see more enthusiasm from his long time fans. Only $250 spend on some cool new designs is not going to break the bank. Plenty of HNW and super bright high achievers on here.

Wouldn't it be great if 30 of us drop $250 this evening, so the brand can return ? The risk is others will pull out if we don't or leave it too late !! ...and then it will die on its knees. Do some of the disillusioned on here really want to see that ?

Totally agree, Chris should NOW release some spy shots of the new frame to stimulate interest or offer a bulk supplier deal to UK/German retail chains. Two new segregated cycling super highways in London were given the nod yesterday. The modern generation no nothing about Fat Chance bikes.

Let's give them a chance ;)

Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
It's just under $1,000 from the goal. If it were me, I would pony up a few K myself to make sure I got the other 114K.

DocChill

Ride fast, live slow, think FAT!

...wouldn't it be great if 30 of us drop $250 this evening, so the brand can return ? The risk is others will pull out if we don't or leave it too late !! ...and then it will die on its knees. Do some of the disillusioned on here really want to see that...

Let's give them a chance ;)!
Fantastic idea - let's do it ;)!!!
Hooray! It's back on.
Partytime...!!!
snoopy-dancing1.jpg

Stingercut

Sooo close now...we need a decisive kick over the line....come on Fatcogs. Most of you need a new T shirt at least that fits, now you are carrying a spare tire or two :beer:

aron

Sooo close now...we need a decisive kick over the line....come on Fatcogs. Most of you need a new T shirt at least that fits, now you are carrying a spare tire or two :beer:

Agreed. Another 2 or three frames wouldn't hurt my sleeping but wondering if some donk who is listening to the negative decides to pull out is. I know someone must have taxes somewhere they can spend. Hr block it someone. Lol

Stingercut

Agreed. Another 2 or three frames wouldn't hurt my sleeping but wondering if some donk who is listening to the negative decides to pull out is. I know someone must have taxes somewhere they can spend. Hr block it someone. Lol

Agreed, Jan/Feb are EXPENSIVE months :redface: Let's just buy a t shirt 'at least' each, just in case there are any more last minute pull outs. We spend more than that on a round of drinks. There must be 300 active members on here at least able to drop $50. That should do it.

Roll up Fatistas.....support this awesome brand's comeback :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Come on...aren't you curious to see what rolls out soon at the Handmade bike show ? Hell the new Fat could be the star of the show, but we might never know, if you don't blow some dough !

WD Pro

I have this anoying little thought ...

Have you considered that some of the hardcore old school followers don't actually want fat chance back ... ?

Amongst other things, consider :

• The chance of a flop leading to brand humiliation.
• The watering down of the brand if it hits it big time - less rarity / individuality for existing owners.
• The introduction of the modern crowd to the brand - a lot of the old school crowd like to keep themselves to themselves and go against the grain a little. Imagine a monstor, sponsor by monstor ...
• Do the retro lycra crowd really want to mix with the baggie crowd ...
• Etc, etc, etc ...

I haven't really thought about the best wording for the above, just throwing out a few ideas for disscussion on a Friday night :D

WD :D

Mr Norm

Have you considered that some of the hardcore old school followers don't actually want fat chance back ... ?

I am an old school hard core follower. I want him to succeed. Purely selfish reasons: I want a FAT CHANCE FAT BIKE!!!
All kidding aside if you have ever met the man you cant help but want him to succeed.
My fingers are crossed. Wallets ready to open a little further if need be.
Good luck Chris

WD Pro

Yeah, to be clear, I hope he succeeds to :cool:

What surprised me is some of the responses from the retro crowd, a surprising amount of negativity, especially on the RetroBike thread ...

Stingercut

I think it's a British 'thing' to enjoy tearing something apart, knocking it and then sometimes 'bigging it back up' as it returns to glory. I can only see the reemergence of the Fat Chance brand as good for residuals. The Somerville originals will ALWAYS be special. Fat may rise again and it will probably die again, maybe agonisingly, that's part of life.

Chris will produce some awesome bikes. I still don't own a modern bike or a full susser, so looking forward to what he produces. :beer:

zonq

The internet is the final destination of those with nothing better to do than bash everything they see. Check out Bikerumor.com. Every single new product shown is followed by a hundred screaming angry people trashing it to pump up their own egos. Go to any discussion forum like Pinkbike, MTBR or Retrobike. Same garbage. Even fan sites dedicated to a specific companies products, like MacRumors. Look up any promo video on anything you can think of that anyone ever created; product, music, film, artwork, service, anything, on youtube. Read through the comments. It's like the most screwed up people with nothing more to do all day than sh*t-talk, come to the internet to wage their own personal crusades against anything and everyone. I honestly can't imagine how anyone launches anything on the internet these days.

The best advice every Manager gives their talent used to be "don't read your press". For about a decade now, it's been "Try not to read your press, but whatever you do, do NOT read your internet comments. Ever."

Hopefully Chris understands, the internet is the sewer of public opinion and bears little resemblance to the real world. ...or better yet stays offline completely and just has someone else doing his online work who understands this.

zonq

The question will be what Chris does next, having met his funding goal, but with only 30 frame orders, when he was looking for what, 100 minimum & 250 ideally to justify a production run? Still have to produce those 30. ...but then does the shirt & sticker revenue mean he has the $ to produce the rest anyway? & does he take that gamble then, knowing what he knows now about what the market will really bear?

Very interesting.

tvcreative

i hope he succeeds. when i see a real bike I will buy. Until then I am too fat buy a t shirt, too angry to go to a party, and too old to need a sticker book

Stingercut

i hope he succeeds. when i see a real bike I will buy. Until then I am too fat buy a t shirt, too angry to go to a party, and too old to need a sticker book

Agree with Zonq's sentiments and you can add FB to the mix. Trash talking on every level is now fashionable. It's a sport. Maybe it's a reflection of modern life and the never ending drip feed of bad sh1t going on.

TVCreative...like your honesty :beer:

WD Pro

I have dipped my toe in the water for a T and some decals :cool:

I would have liked to have gone up one level, but can't at the moment due to other commitments and projects etc ...