Is Chris getting back in the bike biz - 2014?

Stingercut

What about a living Yo Eddy in every Fat bike ? He talks to you, inspires you, talks about the spirit of the trails. A Fat with its own neural network which learns and adjusts its handling as you ride and makes you feel good about yourself. In steel and titanium please ;)

zonq

What about a living Yo Eddy in every Fat bike ? He talks to you, inspires you, talks about the spirit of the trails. A Fat with its own neural network which learns and adjusts its handling as you ride and makes you feel good about yourself. In steel and titanium please ;)

Hah. Sounds like something Shimano would try to do.

jejamm

I opted for 26" or 27,5"; trail or fat bike; steel and titanium.
Why is everybody in the states so convinced of 29"... in the 90s trekking bikes were for losers... ;)
No, seriously - there should also be 26" wheels on FC bikes again, maybe as an option.
And I also reckon that the whole fat bike idea really fits the idea of rigid steel framed bikes with YoEddy genes.
Wrong path would be only making 29" titanium XC Bikes at astronomically high prices - where's the fun in that?

Greetz from Germany

Dietrich

Wookie

I opted for 26" or 27,5"; trail or fat bike; steel and titanium.
Why is everybody in the states so convinced of 29"... in the 90s trekking bikes were for losers... ;)
No, seriously - there should also be 26" wheels on FC bikes again, maybe as an option.
And I also reckon that the whole fat bike idea really fits the idea of rigid steel framed bikes with YoEddy genes.
Wrong path would be only making 29" titanium XC Bikes at astronomically high prices - where's the fun in that?

Greetz from Germany

Dietrich

The 29" wheel size suits west coast (USA) riding quite well, especially open desert chunk riding.

Stingercut

Hah. Sounds like something Shimano would try to do.

Or maybe a hook up with Apple ;)

I was inspired by Chris's comments in the video about transferring his senses to healing the human body to bike concepts and design and making us feel better about ourselves. What a great concept. Apple watch and Yo Eddy....then just hit the trails :D

Zamfir

The 29" wheel size suits west coast (USA) riding quite well, especially open desert chunk riding.

^ and the larger wheels smooth out the trail enough for me to not require full suspension which means less maintenance, less weight, quicker acceleration (with light weight wheels of course).

DocChill

...in the 90s trekking bikes were for losers... ;)
...so cool, I think one and the same... maybe I'm to old for 650B & 29" in the meantime
smilie.php
!!! Sometimes I really ask myself who has requested this movement to the "big wheels"... ?! Compared to a hot grello 90s YoEddy! the current bikes (29er, carbon and so on) on the market look soooo unsexy...

That's why I'm very happy that Fat Chance Bicycles are back!!!

Cheers,
Daniel

Last edited:

I-ROBOT

Hi Fat-Fans,

Here I found a new interview with Chris from Interbike 2014 - very nice, the author (by mtbr.com) has shown a picture of my FAT Ti :)!

Have Fun!
Daniel

Nice one Daniel! It is a bit odd that mtbr says "Many consider the brand..." but the photo of the Yo Eddy is an NY built version
Just sayin...

I hope he does well. (I need some new shirts;))
Scott

jpicard616

I finally got on to the new fatchancebicycles.com website and holy cow is it screwy. I hope his new bikes are better than his web design.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Actually, that vertical action is the way the kids (and most everyone) is doing it these days....

spindrome

My vote would be for an aggressive trail bike, 26", steel, long and low TT, tighter CS, slacker HT, etc. I look forward to seeing what materializes.

02mick

Correction - the article on Firefly is the Tube and Pipe Journal
http://www.tubeandpipejournal-digital.com/tubeandpipejournal/201409?sub_id=XaayOq6z2kWi#pg1

I wish I could just pull up stakes and head out to CA and knock on his door unannounced, much as I did in November 1986. At this point, I could only do it as a hobby. I have some great memories of Fat City and some not-so-great, and I love being able to stay in contact through this fun website. It blows me away at how much you all love the bikes that we sweated over, bled on, and gave every ounce of our energy to produce. It really is an honor. I hope this version of Fat City is successful beyond his wildest dreams

was jot really good ?
i can't read it, its subscriber only, i was thinking he could could outsource making a ti by those fell's since they are ex I.F. and master anodising ti (-:

ohh and i voted about ten times now for 29-steel or ti xc (-: big wheels for big fella's (-: but would love it to be like the old eddy with near horizontal top tube and short head tube and his signature chain and seat stay's in any of the fade paint jobs, specially aqua fade, i nearly wen ahead on ordering an i.f. in aqua fade but pulled out on it..maybee this time ?

Last edited:

fiatjeepdriver

I heard somewhere that Chris had been learning how to build carbon frames from Craig Calfee. I voted for race xc, steel or carbon, and either 26" or 650b. I think a fat chance fat bike would be cool but I'd save a different model for that, perhaps a monster fat or simply a "fat" chance.

Spikes

I heard somewhere that Chris had been learning how to build carbon frames from Craig Calfee. I voted for race xc, steel or carbon, and either 26" or 650b. I think a fat chance fat bike would be cool but I'd save a different model for that, perhaps a monster fat or simply a "fat" chance.

Oh man! Please no carbon! I know there are lovely bikes around made out of carbon, but a Fat Chance need to stand out from the crowd! Lightweight steel it should be...

DocChill

...I need some new shirts ;)

...me too! And a new steal- or titanium-frame made by CC! Please, please no Carbon... because everybody is doing that today! I really hope for "happy bikes for happy people", like in the special Somerville times . Simply timeless bikes with soul...
set-72157646722447768

Stingercut

...me too! And a new steal- or titanium-frame made by CC! Please, please no Carbon... because everybody is doing that today! I really hope for "happy bikes for happy people", like in the special Somerville times . Simply timeless bikes with soul...
set-72157646722447768

Bang on :D

FCC were a major force for innovation and creativity bitd. Artistic flair, grafitti graphics, perfect welds, steel, maybe stainless and titanium. Personally, I'm not interested in carbon. Merchandise, I/we need merchandise and we want it now ! Please :D

DocChill

New "Blah blah blah" Shirts...

...we want it now! Please :D

That's it - can't wait to get new "Blah blah blah" Shirts! Today I got a pair of classic Yo Eddy! gloves by a friendly Fat-Cog... my day is saved ;)! If somebody is interested to know what the germans think about Chris' comeback, please have look here :)!!! I believe everybody is very, very excited...