Anyone know sbrian? Buyers beware.

ishaw

SBrian has come good

I bought some parts and promptly paid sbrian for them. After initial exchanges which seemed pleasant enough not to set any alarm bells ringing, things went quiet after I asked for the tracking details of the package, as over a month had gone by since they were posted and i had still not received them. I've still heard nothing despite contacting him via his registered PayPal address (that I sent payment to), retrobike private messaging and also messaging on this very forum. He has logged in to fat cogs since I sent my message, so he must simply be ignoring me. Anyone know him? Can anyone give him a nudge to get him to explain where my stuff is? I'd like the parts I've paid for obviously, or my money back but as he's ignoring all forms of communication I've tried, I've no other choice but to post this more publicly.

For reference, here's a thread I started on retrobike that was initially about the length of time I'd waited, but has now turned into a warning for anyone considering buying from him:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=242931&p=1837050#p1837050

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. sbrian, if you read this maybe you could get in touch and let me know what's going on.

Last edited:

chevron

I know him ,and know him to be a reputable person. Last year he told me he had some serious health issues , I would venture a guess ,that may have something to do with it ,or a shipping problem ,may have occurred. Heres hoping the parts arrive soon.

ishaw

I know him ,and know him to be a reputable person. Last year he told me he had some serious health issues , I would venture a guess ,that may have something to do with it ,or a shipping problem ,may have occurred. Heres hoping the parts arrive soon.
I hope you are right (not about the health issues obviously), but he's been on here since I messaged him and ignored my message as its still sitting unopened according to the message tracker - fact.

Other people have had replies to messages sent to him after mine according to retrobike users, so why avoid mine?

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Because he mailed it late and doesn't have tracking and doesn't know what to do? Busy with 'real' life and this missing package seems to stressful to deal with? All sorts of possibilities.

But I totally agree that he should respond. No real excuse not to. Still it doesn't *necessarily* mean that he is trying to fleece you....

I hope he steps up and responds to you soon, and that you guys can work things out!!

tvcreative

I have dealings with him on this forum and on ebay with absolutely no issues.

He was prompt with email, payments and shipping...

keep at it...I am sure he will get back to you

Jim

ishaw

Lets hope you are all right, though 2 months is getting a bit silly now I'm sure you will all agree. And his recent eBay feedback isn't great.

ishaw

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

chevron

Just confirming he moved to Fla , he came to pick up parts , from me ,before moving. Sorry but I do not have his phone # or address -to try and reach him.

Last edited:

ishaw

Just confirming he moved to Fla , he came to pick up parts , from me ,before moving. Sorry but I do not have his phone # or address -to try and reach him.
Appreciate the sentiment, but if he's not replying to the various messages I've sent through the channels I have info for, its unlikely he'd hang on the line very long if I phoned him.

ishaw

Fedo1030's real name is Elron Hubbard. Scientologists on the case??? Maybe Tom Cruise is working on it too!
Call me suspicious, but it could simply be sbrian registering a new user to keep an eye on this thread, or maybe there are higher powers at work here? Either way, any help is appreciated if it helps sort the situation out.

jpicard616

This forum is for owners and fans of Fat City Cycles, and not for keeping track of an individuals on-line reputation. I find it unnerving and inappropriate, to say the least, that fed1030 has seemingly created a username with an obviously fake personal name and location just to keep track of this thread.

Maybe it would be wise for an administrator to look into this(these) person(s)...?