Bottom bracket length for a Yo Eddy with XTR M900

Bottom bracket length for a Yo Eddy Toplines

Can anyone tell me what length of bottom bracket I need for a 1991 Yo Eddy with a press fit bottom bracket and a Topline chainset? At the moment its got a 122.5mm axle and I am sure its not long enough.

Last edited:

colker

Can anyone tell me what length of bottom bracket I need for a 1991 Yo Eddy with a press fit bottom bracket and a XTR M900 chainset? At the moment its got a 122.5mm axle and I am sure its to long.

If no one comes up w/ more experience.. 107mm.

chainline

For the m 900 xtr crank 107/113 should be right in the ball park. Although Im not sure you will find one in those lengths if your 91 Yo has a press fit BB ? Good luck !

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The 120-122 side of things is good for XT m730 series and that era XC Pro, but I'll chime with the others that XTR should need 107-113mm.

Thanks for the answers. I found the advised BB lengths on mombat. Sadly I need a 107mm axle and with the collars thats just not workable.

Hence I have decided to try to find some Toplines or some Cook Bros RSR's. Shame really as the XTR's I have are really nice, O well.

tvcreative

BOTH arms are hitting the stays? that seems really long? are sure its properly centered? you should have about 4mm clearance both sides from my experience

Sorry for the rubbish pics but I could not be bothered removing it from the stand. As you can see I was wrong they dont hit the chainstay but they are very close, a bit to close for comfort I thought (I can see the axle is very slightly off centre):
P1030252.jpg

P1030253.jpg

chainline

With the crank torqued to 35 ft lbs remove the bolt and tae a pic of the end of the spindle. from the end of the spindle to the bed of the washer you should have a few mm. If not. the taper on the crank arm is worn out.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I have the sneaking suspicion it'll be easier to find a pair of Graftons or Cooks than a 127.5mm spindle.