NOS 10th anniversary

fat-tony

Staff member
Anyone here on Fatcogs land the 10th Anniversary FAT that went through ebay? I was outbid by a huge margin ...Someone got a sweet frame and fork.

Attachments

• 10th.JPG
    10th.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 46

tvcreative

It looked very tasty

way way too much cha ching...

I was nervous that it was a knock off so I held back

would love to see it finished

I hope a cogger got it...

Anyone here on Fatcogs land the 10th Anniversary FAT that went through ebay? I was outbid by a huge margin ...Someone got a sweet frame and fork.
Yup a buddy of mine won the bike. I will make him take photos to post here. He is VERY excited about it as am I. He will also be at the 30 year in Septemeber; he is the guy who introduced me to Chris :)

Jon

fat-tony

Staff member
Yup a buddy of mine won the bike. I will make him take photos to post here. He is VERY excited about it as am I. He will also be at the 30 year in Septemeber; he is the guy who introduced me to Chris :)

Jon
Please have him post some photos up here when it is complete. Probably a good thing I didn't win it. I can honestly say I was going to take it and flog it! Probably not the right thing on something so perfect, but I am tired on owning garage queens and no more wall art for me. If any bike deserved not being taken out on the trail, it would have been this particular frame and fork, but I was going to ride the hell out of it.

Last edited:

tvcreative

^^^^ perhaps I don't know enough about them like the serial number on the drop out, but it seemed to me so unlikely that such a NOS item would still exist...

the drop out looked like a saratoga designed machined version vs shimano, I am not sure when they shifted to these...

I have heard of people painting newer models and re labeling to match...

thus my perhaps hesitancy...that price was way high

chainline

Also the drop outs on the 10th's were etched 82/92. and were quad butted tubes. I also believe that Scott ( I Robot ) welded every one of the 10th's him self !

tvcreative

All of this info is great, this is why I didn't go too far into the bidding...

I just didn't know what the real differences were...

Now after the fact....I wish I would had a bag of cash...

Still can't wait to see it finished

I-ROBOT

All the 10ths had stainless steel dropouts that were machined by Paragon. They look beefier that the cast GPW drops that were on the Team Comps. I don't remember exactly what grade of SS they were though. I want to say that they were just regular 304L and not 17/4 PH like the GPWs.
I am fairly certain that I welded all of the 10th frames but not the forks. I think Dave Blakeney or Patrick (last name escapes me now) or George Reynolds welded the forks. Sue Kirby may have done some too. I left the majority of fork work to them.
The 10th may indeed have had the first BOI forks too - not exactly sure there. Perhaps that will be a question for the reunion?!
Happy Summer - ride safe
Scott