Rare Fats?

rick

rare Fat

First Flight Bikes also has what is touted as the first Fat Chance tandem, rather unusual, sort of BMXish in some ways. You can check their web site.

scant

Are far as production bikes, besides the Chris Cross, any 10th with the matching fork since there were only 200?

wendyl told me a few years ago they didnt build the intended 200. at least 3 of the 10th's were painted white, instead of the silver/burgandy colour, so I guess they must be pretty rare.

no ones mentioned the FAT trials bikes. scott/ I-ROBOT, do you have any idea how many were built?

bratfass

here in germany there popped up a wicked lite in an absolute stunning paintjob - pink with black polka-dots

its sharis fat - I asked to post pics and been allowed ;)

Christian got the following info from Wendyll:

"Hi, Chris! I might have personally painted this frame, as I designed this paint job and believe that I was the only person to use LetraSet graphics on frames. There were a number of different designs I created. Ultimately, the concept led to custom graphics and paint jobs like the 'Desert' and 'Lobster' paint jobs with custom little cartoon graphics."

Attachments

• Wicked-Fat-Chance_2.jpg
    Wicked-Fat-Chance_2.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Wicked-Fat-Chance_3.jpg
    Wicked-Fat-Chance_3.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Wicked-Fat-Chance_5.jpg
    Wicked-Fat-Chance_5.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Wicked-Fat-Chance_7.jpg
    Wicked-Fat-Chance_7.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

AB

This bike was for sale here in the US a little while ago - seems it made it's way across the pond like many others.

aspenvelo

Back when I got my florescent orange Wicked the LBS owner's wife got a small frame Fat Chance or Wicked with either a florescent pink or white frame and small stick figures hand painted all over it by FAT CITY. The stick figures were doing everything you could imagine like skiing, climbing, riding etc.

Rico Cycles

Ano. Fat ti here. Purple fade graphics on raw ti. I was holding out hope it might be a one- off feature. Leni Freid says on her site that this graphic would start at $1000. Lots of little mojos on frame also. S# starts 050. Bike build-up in Campy OR mix. 4th chain ring for overdrive actually indexes on the thumb shifter.

Last edited:

mainlyfats

Ano. Fat ti here. Purple fade graphics on raw ti. I was holding out hope it might be a one- off feature. Leni Freid says on her site that this graphic would start at $1000. Lots of little mojos on frame also. S# starts 050. Bike build-up in Campy OR mix. 4th chain ring for overdrive actually indexes on the thumb shifter.

Ummm... I think I speak for many regulars here when I ask - pic please.

chainline

Photo's..... I've seen this bike once
and want to see it once again.....

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I'm also excited to see it again! Was it on Leni's site? I know I saw it somewhere.....
In any case, get digging'---we're all waiting!

Rico Cycles

leni fried bicycle ano

Looks like the downtube graphics on her site are the same. You can click to enlarge the sample. The subtle mottled fade is hard to see in pictures. I have not been successful loading pics here. Anyway .....

Jassie06

Team Comp

When I requested a "Sunrise" be created in my original order, this was suggested as the only other one belonged to Mr Chance.
As I recall there were near 20 paint colors to make the fade.

I have to say that the geometry was certainly aggressive and despite better than 10 years of motorcycle woods riding on a Bultaco, the Team Comp took every opportunity possible to pitch me over the bars. Perfectly suitable for boney New England trails.

4trbjl.jpg

2lwqfih.jpg

fatowj.jpg