Big Little Inch??

This appears to be physically smaller than the Yo Big Inch on my Large YO Eddy. This one came with my Medium Team Yo Eddy back in 1994, what is with the added decal and the Pat. Pending RD 1991? Thanks:skull:
TeamYoEddy_M03.jpg

TeamYoEddy_M02.jpg
TeamYoEddy_M01.jpg

settemarche

Media,

that fork does look a little smaller in diameter than mine. but that could be a product of the picture. my fork also has the same sticker with patent number on it.

Sette

a Big Little One Inch

Did the Yo Eddy Forks differ in strut diameters or other characteristics when matched to smaller sized Yo Eddy frames?

Media,

that fork does look a little smaller in diameter than mine. but that could be a product of the picture. my fork also has the same sticker with patent number on it.

Sette

:confused:

lucifer

I am pretty sure that the yo eddy fork and the BOI were two different forks. One was 1" diameter tubing the other I think was 1 & 1/8" and no I am not talking about steerer tubes but rather all the tubing in the fork.

So is this a BOI fork?

Yea appears to be made of 1" tubing all around.

BOI what does that stand for or mean?

Wonder why this was sent with my 94 Yo Eddy?

thanks again

dino

Okay so Big One Inch and the YO EDDY FORK are different

Okay this leads to another question of course, Why did they send me a Big One Inch with my Yo Eddy? Because it was a Medium and not and ML or L? Thanks Dino

colker

i understand the BOI is the "one". the fork everybody wants. maybe it's more supple... i amy be wrong on this one. i guess it first appeared on the tenth anniversary model.

bushpig

Its the opposite bro - BOI = big one inch = 1 inch blades. The Yo fork has 1 1/8 inch blades. Many feel that the BOI has a better ride compared to the Yo which is sometimes considered harsh. I'll up some pics tonight. I have a Yo on my 91 Yo an interesting, never painted prototype Project II like fork and a BOI that that is unfinished.

rody

Media,

The Yo Eddy fork was a 1.125" bladed segmented crown fork that was standard issue on all Yo's until the introduction of the Fat Titanium, when the BOI (Big One Inch) fork was introduced (also coinciding with the release of the 10th as Colker pointed out).

The Big One Inch steel fork, utilizing 1.0" tubing, was then the standard rigid fork for all Yo's and TI's until the "need" for front suspension ceased production due to lagging numbers.

So...if your bike was produced prior to late 92 early 93, you would have a Yo fork...after that point in time, if you went rigid it was a BOI for you.

cheers,

rody

settemarche

now i am completely effed up. i thought my Buckshaver had a BOI - but it has the same patent number as Media's. my fork also has the little Yo Eddy guy on the top of the fork blades. deductive reasoning would mean that my Buck was bought with a Yo Eddy fork?

could this mean that the super expensive eBay dollar forks that have recently sold could have been Yo Eddy's and not BOI's?????

Sette

rody

Sette,

Bucks typically came with Tange Struts, a licensed design that resembled the segmented Fat forks, with a bit of rake. Is it possible your Buck came with a BOI as a special order??? Sure! Post up a pic so we can see what ya got.

The patent number refers to Fat's "ornamental" fork design...basically the way the fork looks due to it's multi piece construction. The patent does not take into consideration the size of tubing or method of construction.

As far as Ebay goes...the Yo's have pulled big money as they are the elder of the two and more difficult to attain (although the BOI aint pulling chump change ;) )

cheers,

rody

settemarche

Buck with a Yo? Buck with a BOI?

Rody - Media - everyone,

when i found this bike i did think it strange. i knew what it was and knew that it was not the Tange. which if it were the Tange i would have been happy as well. but i think this Yo or BOI is a step above the Tange.

as to whether we are looking special order???? who knows? in getting the story from the daughter, this was a wifes purchase for the husband. the husband was a high end road guy. there could be a bike shop connection? i asked for the card - which was seen by the daughter but was not available when i picked up the bike.

sidebar - this fork does have Campy dropouts.

Sette

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpg
    IMG_2914.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2916.jpg
    IMG_2916.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 22

rody

Sette,

Looks to be a fine example of a Yo fork...measure the outer diameter of the blades to be sure (1.125?).

Excellent score :D

cheers,

rody

leond

I'm bringing this one up from the dead.

Can anyone tell me the official name of the green on the Buckshaver at the end of the thread?

Thanks,
LeonD

fat-tony

Staff member
I'm bringing this one up from the dead.

Can anyone tell me the official name of the green on the Buckshaver at the end of the thread?

Thanks,
LeonD

I believe that to be the one and only FAT "grellow". :beer:

DC

The 'stock' green for the Bucks was called "Lime Green" which wasn't as flouresentish/yellowish as Grello. The pics of Sette's Buck do look a bit bright for what I remember the lime green being, but pics on the computer can really vary a paint hue.

DC

settemarche

More Pics of the Lime Green

here are a couple more shots of the bike in question.

Lime Green it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 5