Welcome to the forums...

Doug Carter

Staff member
Well guys and gals, let me be the first to welcome you to the new site and forums for Fat City/Fat Chance bicycles. This site will be based around the forums and resulting community, with hopefully an information archive to support our lust for these bikes.

I hope everyone likes what we are building and will contribute in a positive way to create something really great.

Glad to have you on board,

doug

scant

:D
well hello!

Let this be the start of a beautiful thing! Namely the cult following that IS:
FAT CHANCE ;)

Yo Eddy!

Hello!

I am Melvin, better known as Elevation12,000 in other forums.
Of course Elevation12,000 would have been an unlucky choose for this forum, so that

Pete McC

Hello all, what a great new site! I look forward to spending many hours on this site whilst pretending to work.

Pete McC

Suddenly realised, I should introduce myself rather than just say hello.

I'm Pete, a very lucky 92/93 Fat Ti owner from the south of the UK, and Scant intro'ed me to this site. Been a Fat owner for a number of years and an admirer even longer (this is beginning to sound like an introduction at an AA meeting!), just really getting my Fat back to it's full retro glory with the help of Wendyll, Scant et al. I'll post some photos as soon as I've worked out how!

Doug, thanks for all the hard work in setting this up, it looks like it's going to be superb, and I love the colour! :D

rumpfy

The funny part is seeing all the same people here as on the VRC mtbr forum...

I've to got say Doug....this is a very clean website/forum you've designed here. There's no doubt that this will be a great resource for Fat lovers and a popular place to hang out as well!

Nice work!

Doug Carter

Staff member
Thanks for joining, guys. I'm glad we're getting some traffic to start out with. I'm still working through the early stages of learning the phpBB (this is really also a beta test site for ApexSpeed.com and the validity of a change from UBB). There will be some things that aren't the way I want them on a community board, and some things that will be changing as we go along, as well as some new additions to this board because of the wealth of open source add-on mods out there for this great piece of software.

I'm happy this is going well so far. Thanks for joining! Now to get the word out to the other cycling sites that are out there...

doug

webby

I'm Here...

Hi guys,

Some of you know me, scant, YoGrant and PeteMcC do for sure. I have 3 fats, a Yo, Billy and a Ti, would write more but I'm off to Morzine in the Alps for a week!

See ya when I get back

Karl

welcome to the forums

Thanks Doug, I think this is great, it's hard to describe the connection that we all must to some extent must share, but it's nice to know it's out there. Here's to the start of a great site !! :D :D

Mojo Troll

stoked

Hello from Reno, Nv.

Proud owner of a '93 Buckshaver. One of the first ones built. I'm currently working on having it repainted. That is, if I can ever keep either of my vehicles operating so I can get to work. Anyone interested in a Neon or really big Jeep???? :D

This site is going to be sweet. The team violet has me stoked (same color as my frame). I'll troll here often. Thanks Doug!

scant

lavender...

I wish I could convince my non cycling friends how cool pealised lavender really is. but they all take the pi$$ & call it g@y!

luckily most of my cycling friends know better ;D

ta

scant

I am in Heaven, Yo Eddy heaven that is.....

Great start to the site. Just a quick introduction, My name is Jerry Snyder. I own a fabulous 1992 Yo Eddy, actually I gave it to my wife to ride after I got it re-painted. I bought it new in 1992 and rode it for many years. I had it built up with full Grafton groupo, but have changed it out awhile back.

As usual, I am pimping everyone I know for another Early Yo Eddy with a team fork, so if anybody has an extra in Sm/Med, I am buying.

I look forward to your friendships and maybe I can contribute some info as well.

Thanks once again

corky3

Hello

Joined today!

My Name is Andy, I'm currently living in Belgium but am moving to Hungary in August......hopefully with more hills!

I have a Mettalic Purple Yo! custom sprayed by Fat City...98 model

2 IF TI singlespeeds(see WWW.IFRIDER.COM) one in raw with LAVENDER panels(Keep the faith!) & one Purple blue flip flop.

Ambitions - to get some BIG ONES!

Mehrdad Wieske

Doug Carter said:
Well guys and gals, let me be the first to welcome you to the new site and forums for Fat City/Fat Chance bicycles. This site will be based around the forums and resulting community, with hopefully an information archive to support our lust for these bikes.

I hope everyone likes what we are building and will contribute in a positive way to create something really great.

Glad to have you on board,

doug

Halleloujah, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank U FAT-PEOPLE, for comming back.....I knew and always said, Steel will be back in a Big Style.

Mehrdad.....Berlin/ Germany

Doug Carter

Staff member
I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that this site is an enthusiast owned and operated site, and has no affiliation or connection with the former Fat City Cycles or its owners. This is a completely self-sufficient site, both financially and as far as all of the information posted here goes.

The guys running these forums are as much in love with these bikes as you are.

Cheers,

doug

Karl

Well folks I know I jumped right in with a note and a pic without saying much, but I got a bit rev'd up, A FAT SITE - HOW COOL ! Anyway, I love my Fats, and nothing I've ridden makes me smile like I do on a Fat. I always like knowing and seeing that Fats are out there. So to do what I can for those that feel the same, I'll post some more pics on the "Lets see the Fats" thread in the Gallery

Thanks much
Karl

Jeeves

INTRODUCTION!

Hi all,

I'm the newest member -- hey, I'm really happy to have found this site! I've been a FAT rider since about 1998...although recently I've been very, very, lazy! Hope this site will help me get me and my FATs back in action!

My first FAT is a (roughly) 1988 Wicked custom silver-to-blue fade. This was my full-time race bike through college and law school -- I ran it with the stock Unicrown till I bent that fork, and then with the original Answer Manitou till it locked up. This old Wicked survived all of the races -- including downhilling, and the 24 hours of Canaan! Now it's in semi-retirement, sporting a big 1-inch fork and slicks (although I still off-road with it). Can't see the stickers anymore (all torn up) but she sports most of her original parts, including topshifters and XT components. Headset, rear rim and seattube failed at some point, and there's a newer saddle on there. I'm wondering if it's worth restoring.....I kind of like it with all of the battle scars. :)

I bought my TI Fat from the NY office in 1994 or thereabouts. It's got a custom fitted Rock Shox Carbon Fiber Judy, and the first issue of the Grey XTR grouppo. It's topped off with a nice carbon one-piece Nuke-Proof bar/barend combo (the complete opposite of my Wicked's stock bar and horrifically heavy but o-so-comfortable Syncros Steerhorns!) I didn't like the blue stickers, so the nice folks at FAT changed the colors for me to a subdued grey / black. Pretty bike, but not enough use put into it yet!

I look forward to seeing everyone online here at the new forum!
-Raj

Ren

hi there

well, for now, I'm the newest member. (I hope not for to long) :lol:

thanks to Doug's mail I found this page. looks great, congrats!

My first Fat is a 92 Yo Eddy M, my second is a Yo Eddy S/M, they both still ride like a dream. I recently bought back a Wicked and built it as a singlespeed.

pics and more infos will follow....

cheers Ren