Team Comp?

phil40soon

An amazing job, Shamus -- and I will say, incredible turnaround on the resto! This would take me years to pull off if I attempted it. Heh, I still chuckle when I think about those wheels and when you first described them to me...

AB

Great story - great bikes ... awesome effort by all involved!

Cheers :beer::beer:

Stingercut

Im wondering did you ‘pioneer’ that front mech pivot wheel cable routing ? It appeared regularly on Yo Eddys after. If not which models had it prior to this 89 Team Comp ? :rolleyes:

Shamobius

Great question Stingercut! I know that I custom ordered the cable routing, and had never seen any top tube routing (other than rear brake) on a Fat before. Its not as tidy as the cyclocross style routing of the Yo Eddys (all three guides adjacent on the top tube), but I went for the cleanest cable lines to the various components. So the rear brake guide is at 11:00, the rear derailleur is at 5:00, and the front derailleur is at 7:00. I did request the pulley, as top pulls weren't available in 1989. Another nice touch, which I didn't ask for but I do appreciate, was the final cable guide for the rear derailleur is angled slightly, for an even cleaner path to the derailleur. Subtle, lovely touches abound...

20171008_130607 by shamalama88, on Flickr

20170504_151032 by shamalama88, on Flickr

eb21 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Jassie06

'88 Team Comp bought new; couldn't afford it now.

2ywsolg.jpg

colker

Great question Stingercut! I know that I custom ordered the cable routing, and had never seen any top tube routing (other than rear brake) on a Fat before. Its not as tidy as the cyclocross style routing of the Yo Eddys (all three guides adjacent on the top tube), but I went for the cleanest cable lines to the various components. So the rear brake guide is at 11:00, the rear derailleur is at 5:00, and the front derailleur is at 7:00. I did request the pulley, as top pulls weren't available in 1989. Another nice touch, which I didn't ask for but I do appreciate, was the final cable guide for the rear derailleur is angled slightly, for an even cleaner path to the derailleur. Subtle, lovely touches abound...

20171008_130607 by shamalama88, on Flickr

20170504_151032 by shamalama88, on Flickr

eb21 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Shamobius, would you mind sharing the geo numbers on your bike? Chainstays and head angle is what i am mostly curious about.. Same as a wicked?