funny buisness

IF52

Now that Ive looked around Just outta curiousity. It does look like a Yo Betty.
Even more stregthening my point about the sellers LIES! Would Fat City realy throw this persons friends "son" on a Yo betty to race? Whatever it is.. Just sell the bike-without all the horseshiznit!
idk about everyone else but I get insulted when someone trys to hustle me and it makes me angry. If people like to flock in those circles.. good luck. I dont tolerate it and wouldnt hesitate to do what I had to do to defend myself from being somones Sucker. So im not gona hold my opinions to myself. It just dont seem like too many hold my same principals. It seems like the person made some allies on ebay already.
I hope someone gets it for real cheap and gets it outta this... (biting my tounge)..."persons" hands!

Your reading comprehension sucks. The seller never states their own son nor the original owner's son got this directly from Fat. The seller states they bought it in 94 for their son to ride from the original owner who raced it beginning in 92. They also state they had it powder coated after they bought it.

And if you are going to hold bad spelling and grammar against a seller then you are going to be miserable in these forums. My head hurts every time somebody uses 'breaks' when they mean 'brakes'.

Fat offered discount pricing to local racers, sort of a developmental squad. They also had a factory pro team that guys like Don Myrah, Casey Kunselman and my own friend Earl Walker raced on. The original owner also may have simply bought it outright without any sort of factory discount or sponsorship.

Again, not speaking to the sellers integrity or how legitimate or not the auction is. They do however have 100% positive feedback over nearly 300 auctions.

And again, I would immediately assume this is a later frame than the seller lists, but Fat did do some customs frames when a stock geometry would not work for the rider. And of the scores of Fats we sold, we did sell a couple frames with custom geos. Notice the head tube looks longer on this frame than in the picture of a Yo Betty from the catalog. This to me suggests it is actually an earlier frame than 1996.

I have to say, if I had a small family member who could appreciate a cool vintage bike, I personally would seriously be keeping an eye on this auction. But seeing how beat the frame looks, I wouldn't go much over the opening bid.

BostonBobby

Oh yes the seller DID say the person he got it from got it DIRECTLY from Fat Chance. As well as the original owner raced FOR Fat Chance!
Whether or not it still has that horseshiznit up- I have no clue. But I seen with my own eyes! My reading comprehension is pretty good. Even if it wasnt, horseshiznit is Horseshiznit whether each detail is exact or not. And as far as holding spelling and grammar against people, I dont realy. As Im sure I make plenty mistakes as im typing away online. However, strengthening my whole arguement, is this persons disregard for spelling- By spelling "Ringle", Reengle. The person doesnt care about what they have-just that they can sell it on ebay! Maybe im lucky enough not to view my Bicycles and their parts in this light. I dont need to throw my things up on ebay to make a few bucks! I dont need to go hunting in the trash for things to sell. Although Someday I will get all my extra things and sell them but ill be sure to describe it correctly and be honest about its origins. The bottom line in all this,
I respect all of my Bikes and I have many. And I dont knock anyones hustle to make a buck. However, through my experiences LATELY. Bicycle cirlces are being flooded
with these types of snake oil salesman/weasels and ive had it with them.
Its like this ebay mentality has taken hold of the economy and the people of the world.. insanity! Even on this site you see it all the time- "I have this bike my friend loved for as far back as I can remember and he gave it to me, how much is it worth? I would NEVER EVER sell it though!" A week later you see it on NYC Craigslist.
Do you think the seller then goes and gives half the money he got for it to his "friend"? The guy who gave his once cherished bike to him thinking he liked it? Rather he just knew Fats were highly sought after bikes. These types of scenarios drive me crazy! Or maybe im just nutts? If I wanted to act in that character and have those kinds of morals- Id be a man and face to face just take someones money or property from them instead of being a worm about it! I would love to find my Mongoose all terrain pro with the pro class rims,blue tires, slingshot stem,cunningham brakes,ect in perfect condition that some PUKE stole from my friends yard on craigslist! (I wouldnt call the police, thats for sure) The first time I ever left any of my bikes outside overnight in Boston and I paid the price! So maybe theres a few categorys of sellers on ebay but I know for sure there is scrapers/junkers and bike thief maggots> This is where my frustration stems from. Ok im done.. Someone bill my medical insurance for therapy haha
Ps. I just checked the ad. It no longer has the story.. but for 100 percent fact the jist of what it said was the person who they got it from got it directly from fat chance "custom made" and the friend raced FOR fat chance

Last edited:

IF52

THIS IS A I THINK A 1992...I HAVE HAD IT SENSE 1994 MY SON RODE IT WHEN HE WAS 7 YEARS OLD. I DON'T REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL COLOR, I HAD IT POWDER COATED YELLOW BACK IN 94 IT WAS A CRAP JOB THAN

I got it from a lady in 94 that raced for fat chance custom build ? don't know

You talking about those comments? The funny thing about ebay, at least the last few times I listed items for sale there, is that when you edit or update a listing it is called out in the listing that the description has been edited, similar to web forums.

For them to state that the person that the bought it from used to race for Fat, well as far as I'm concerned so what. They aren't claiming they themselves did, they are merely passing on info they got from the original owner. The seller also doesn't present as fact that the frame is custom made, they appear to leave that open for debate what since they use a question mark and state they don't know.

rmp

wow - $460 for a project frame. Anybody from here want to fess up as the new owner? That is no doubt a cool ride, hope we get to see the final restored result.

tvcreative

Ahhhh yeah....

too rich for my blood...I figured 250 would be the ball park

but 460 is outstanding for the seller...

I am sure whomever got it from this site is tickled - and probably wealthy.

It would be a fun little project...