Random Tandems...known locations?

arctos

Thats a very nice Tandem, DO you use it often or at all? How bout the rollercam brakes? Sufffcient?

We actually use it quite often. It even is lots of fun riding by myself although I get a few laughs or stupid questions!

The WTB Speedmaster rollercams are very powerful with great modulation.Light years ahead of any of the u-brake or Suntour roller cam versions. The third one is used by the stoker on my request as needed in really steep offroad down hills. I have to watch for overheated rims but with lower tire pressures on a rigid bike like this it is rarely a problem. But we are your parents on a tandem not DH racers.

The type 2 fork makes the tandem handle like a single bike like my 1986 Fat Chance. I chose that fork to gain the stopping power of the Speedmasters since disc brakes were not available then and cantilevers were just not good enough in my experience.

Spikes

Rody, I just posted my recently finished tandem here on Fatcogs. It is nice to see that these tandems are still well looked after. I also spoke to the guy who own the Wedding Tandem and lives in Germany. Mine is from 1987 and I got it from the first owner who picked it up personally from Chris Chance.