What's this I'm hearing about IF?

stepchild

"I know that Somerville was made into the "lore" but, to me, it held no great significance. The spirit and will of the employees to make the best bikes was much more important than the location."

Werd i-robot! DC what's your address? I'll send out a pair this week.

-Stepchild

Ps. The crew is waaaaaayyyyyy better now with Brian, Leah, Shawn, Keith, Ron, Chris, Mike, Ryan, Jesse and Gary.

No drama or divas, just blowing bikes out like afros.....word.

terrafirma

The IF brand may do well but who can afford one now? Surely not me.

Indy Fab started out offering high quality steel frames (granted not custom sizing standard) in the wake of the FC demise. Now their prices are in the stratospheric range and the only people I know that own one bought them used on Ebay (if it's a Deluxe then guaranteed to have a dented tube).

The company has evolved well. If I'm not mistaken, Bracken pushed for titanium and someone else (consumers) pushed for CF frames.

I'm not hating on the IF clan but given the economy, you would think pricing would be accessible to more people.

The riders in my circle can't keep up with the inflationary pricing of frames/forks as made by IF and other uber boutique makers.

My New Years Eve .02.

Wow, I hadn't looked in a while, almst $1900.00 for a Steel Deluxe? That is crazy! I think when I bought #52 in 1995 it was $850.00, which is like $1200.00 today.

She's still doing well with me here in Idaho...and NO DENTS!!!

But back to the main topic...does this mean anything about IF paint jobs? It's tax return time!

chainline

Is there any contact info for the new IF house. I have a college kid customer that has built a few frames, and he is looking for some contact info

tvcreative

Dc

DC...

the first gary littlejohn's were overgrown BMX bikes...very similar to Mongoose with a gusset.

we were an authorized dealer....

were you thinking powerlite, cook bros, mcs and the like?

they had curves

DC

ok now I can see the relation.
When I did a google image search a bunch of curvy cruisers came up.
cheers

chainline

DC...

the first gary littlejohn's were overgrown BMX bikes...very similar to Mongoose with a gusset.

we were an authorized dealer....

were you thinking powerlite, cook bros, mcs and the like?

they had curves

I have a good friend that has 2 20in bmx tandom frame/forks