Welcome to the forums...

Mountain Goat

I was an original Fat Cog too but...........my t-shirt dissintegrated in the wash one day..................any plans to sell new t-shirts?

rick

Fat Cogs..

I took was an original FC, wore out my t-shirt too, but picked up an NOS one from Wendyll a while back.
Still have all of the mailings and newsletters and such too...

bullmoose

Stumbled on this site by accident. What a great suprise!
Glad to see some people are keeping the Fat City flame alive.

I'm originally from Boston. Bought my first Fat City bike in the early nineties; a Medium Yo! done in "Pepto Bismol Pink" by my request. I had been to the shop in Somerville and had met and spoken with Chris Chance on numerous occasions. He and his wife were fixtures at all the local races back in the day and were always very warm and friendly. Moved out to the west coast a year ago and only recently took delivery of my bicycle collection (twelve in all including two Fat City mountain bikes).

Cheers to the creator(s) of this site and to all the Fat enthusiasts!

scant

bullmoose (or anyone!) if you know of anywhere to promote this site then please do so!

I talked with wendyl on tuesday nite, there are plans to re-do some of the fave FAT chance T-shirts, will keep you informed :D

bullmoose

I'll do some research.
You might try Dirt Rag magazine. They're a stateside (East Coast) publication with a dedicated following. They are very receptive to anything "old school". You can buy small add space in the back for not too much money.

2ManyPlaces

MBAction Fat Chance articles.....

Hi all, I am not a Fat owner, but I do understand the love people have for their wonderful toys (no matter what that toy might be..).. I do, however own a collection of MBAction magazines from their July 1986 (Premiere) issue to the present issue..
I have been running amuck over at the "Retro" forum at MTBReview posting bike articles which I have scanned from my many issues.. I originally was going to do more of the same at FatCogs. However, since reviewing your website, I feel that you folks would be better served if I only posted Fat Chance articles here.. This site being a private non-profit (or whatever) site, I don't want to needlessly hog your capacities..
I'm gonna go thru my MBA issues starting with the July 1986 issue and work my up up through the years, scanning/posting articles as I go.. Due to my old slow puter, I will need to start a new thread for every article..
I am not sure how to post a scan here-- If my photo is named Fat Chance-1.jpg do I just type (Fat Chance-1.jpg) into the message box?? Also, how many magazine- page sized insertions can I do per message box ( most MBA articles are 3 or 4 pages long)..???
Thanks for your input... I'm looking forward to sharing my stuff with you FatCog's.....