Who has ordered the new Yo! until now... anybody here?

DocChill

Hi Fat-Fans,

today I asked myself who has odered the new Yo! until now... which colour do you prefer! For the germans (like me) it is really expensive at the moment. If you add taxes etc. we have to pay around 2.000 EUR for the frame. I'm not 100% sure, but I think grello is still my favourite colour...

Which kind of components would or will you use? I think I would use brands, which were also available in the late 90's (Rock Shox Fork + Dropper Post, Chris King Headset, Race Face Stem + Riser Bar, Shimano SLX Group with Race Face Crank and a classic looking wheelset...). So it should be possible to realize the complete Bike around 3.500 EUR :).

How would your dream-Yo look...?

Hoping to hear from you -
cheers,

Daniel

zonq

I think I would do grellow too. And choose a standard timeless assembly of: thomson stem, bar, and seatpost, plus a cool vintage crank for old times sake, 3dV or Blue Chris King headset and hubs, and a SRAM xx1 derailleur, cassette, and shifter for performance, with a wolf tooth narrow/wide chainring for the BCD of the crank.

Wookie

I am going to go with the Lavender, & maybe a color-matching ENVE fork. I'd like to use mostly US made/owned bits (& CNC machined stuff): Thomson post, Thomson stem, Thomson bars, King hubs, maybe some Paul brakes, & a SRAM 1 X 10 group. I'm thinking of using a Brooks saddle & Mavic rims-basically stuff that would have been available in the early nineties (or similar). Groovy bars would be cool too.

I spoke with Alex at FC, & I may order it without the FD mount & braze-ons (if they use singles). I'm still pretty disappointed they won't fit 2.4 tires though.

Leaning towards modern with an old school twist.

DocChill

I did it... ;-)

Hi together,

I've got a smile on my face - two days ago I ordered a "yellow-grello" 2015 production Yo! as 27.5er in size "S" ;).

Cheers,
Daniel

aron

I ordered the I'm back so think it has its own paint scheme but would love to build with top shelf whatever is available when it's delivered. Lol. And it's a 29r

PTOWN Bikes

Im a kick starter

ordered the 29
want to build as a 1x
color - jonesing for an aquamarine fade since I haze a team zig zag and a cosmic phade

DocChill

Yo! part-list for 2016...

Hi together,

here comes the current part-list for my 2015 production Yo! I think I will use the following parts:

Frame: 2015 Yo Eddy! in "Yellow"-Grello, size S,
Headset: Chris King (top: ZS44/28.6 / bottom: EC44/40)
Fork: RockShox Pike, 27.5er, 130 mm
Stem: Thomson Elite X4
Handlebar: Thomson MTB Aluminium
Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite "1990"
Wheelset: Custom Wheelset with Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs & DT Swiss Rims
Groupset: 2016 Shimano Deore XT (2 x 11)

I'll try to use only black-coloured components - so the frame colour will be the eye-catcher ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

Stingercut

Can't wait to see this bike Daniel !

Looks like I am just about to finally complete my bucket list of retro Fats. I'm gonna wait to see if Chris produces a Ti or carbon full susser next year. Either that or it's a trip to the dark side for a Santa Cruz. Am I too old to be taking 50ft of air though ? :rolleyes:

DocChill

Fat Chance 2.0...

...small update of my part-list:

Frame: 2015 Yo Eddy! in "Yellow"-Grello, size S,
Headset: Hope (Typ: Top 2 ZS44/28.6 + Typ Bottom H: EC44/40),
Fork: RockShox SID XX, 27.5er, 120 mm, QR15, tapered,
Stem: Thomson Elite X4, 80 mm, 0°,
Handlebar: Thomson MTB Aluminium Trail,
Grips: Oury, Lock-On (black),
Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth,
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite "1990",
Wheels: Custom Wheelset wit Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs (V: 15 x 100 / H: 12 x 142 mm), DT Swiss XR 331 Rims, DT Swiss Revolution Spokes (2,0/1,5, black) + DT Swiss Pro-Lock Aluminium Nippels (black),
Groupset: 2016 Shimano Deore XT (2 x 11);

@Stingercut: I'm absolutely sure that we'll see Fat Chance Carbon Bikes too later, maybe in 2017! So you don't have to make a trip to the dark side... ;)! Till then you should enjoy your FCC Titanium :beer:!

Cheers,
Daniel

Scottp

Have any of the Kickstarter Backers recieved their new frames yet? If not, have any Backers heard from Fat Chance recently with regard to progress? The last communication from Fat Chance was in May and they stated new frames would begin shipping in July and early August. I signed up for a 29 frame and want to start to order parts for it. I emailed a couple days ago just to confirm specs so I could order correct size for hs, bb, hubs & seatpost. I got an email reply from someone who said they'd 'look into it.' Seems like easy enough questions for a small custom bike builder. I hope they're just busy working on their initial batch of frames... I have no problem waiting longer than quoted, but would feel better if they communicated more frequently.

DocChill

Per a Facebook response, mid October.
That's similar to the info, which you you can find on their current webside (fatchance.bike):

"With the very first production run of the new Yo Eddy sold out, we’re now taking pre-orders on the 2nd batch with delivery scheduled for mid-October."

I'm also highly interested to see the first pictures of the kickstarter frames, which should have been delivered these days.

Regards,
Daniel

grd

I've had a few communications with Fat recently and they have always got back to me within a couple of days. I was told a couple of days ago that the frames would be shipped for the end of August. Looking forward to building mine up and giving it a ride before the end of the summer riding season.