Fat Chance Titanium, No. #099T3M

DocChill

Hi "Fat-Fans",

I'm "brand-new" in this Forum and very, very happy to show you my rebuilded Fat Chance Titanium, No. #099T3M from 1993. I started this project exactly one year ago. The bike has been built up by the first owner with parts around 1999 (XTR 950, Suspension Fork...) - I tryed to use parts only from 1993 - 1995. I really hope you & Chris Chance will like it:

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M18.JPG

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M13.JPG

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M19.JPG

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M28.JPG

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M22.JPG

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M30.JPG

Here you can find my complete "Ti-picture-collection"! Some outdoor-pictures will follow as soon as it gets :).

With best regards from Germany -
Daniel

Last edited:

RobTu

are those american classic hubs? IF they are, I love them; ride like a dream.

Really love the frame/fork/crankset :cool:

DocChill

The hubs...

Hi "RobTu",

the black hubs I'm using were made by Bullseye in the early 90s ;). They're really working great... nice, that you like the Bike :).

Best regards,
Daniel

Syborg

Hi Daniel,

first a warmly welcome here at the Fat Chance forum. I could even admire your Titanium at the IBC forum. Your Titanium has become a wonderful dream bike. Very thoughtful and functional built. I wish you have much fun in riding this bicycle. A Titanium in M / L or L I'm missing to complete my collection.

Many Greetings also from Germany

Helmut

DocChill

Fat City Cycles Fans...

Hi Helmut,

many, many thanks for your nice lines - it's so great to see, that there're many "Fat-Fans" all around the world! I'm one of these since the beginning of the 90's (exactly since a test of a grellow Yo Eddy in the german "Bike" from 9/1991), when I started with MTB-Riding. Unfortunately I never had the money to buy one (I was very young ;))... but in July last year MY dream come true :)!!!

I saw your very great Fat Chance Bikes also at the IBC Forum (especially your your "Team-Violet Yo Eddy"... in my opinion really one of the nicest Yo's I've ever seen!).

With best regards from surrounding area of Münster (Germany),

Daniel

DocChill

New Pictures...

Hi "Fat-Fans",

yesterday afternoon I had some minutes of time to take current pictures of my Ti incl. a "new" Fat City "Team Bottle" :). I really hope "they'll put a smile on your face" :rolleyes::

large_FatCityCyclesTeam-Bottle921.JPG

Cheers & best regards,
Daniel

Last edited:

DocChill

After 20 years of dreaming...

Hi "Fat-Fans",

many, many thanks for your nice words - it was really a lot of work to restore this Titanium and I really had a lot of fun to do it ;)! After 20 years of dreaming about, I got my first FAT - and I'm very, very happy with it :)!

Cheers,
Daniel

I-ROBOT

Yeah...but do you really want hoards of bored European teenagers drooling on it and sticking gum on the signature welds ?

Thanks for the compliment!! The 1993 and 1994 Fat Titaniums are the best that I could make.
So glad you guys still love them so much
Best Regards
Scott

DocChill

Some more photographs...

Hi Scott,

really, really nice to read somthing from the welder of my beloved Fat Ti :). Here are some more photographs from your "signature welds" ;):

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M18.JPG

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M19.JPG

...and last but not least a great photograph of "your" Fat-Crew:
large_MBA94Jun_-HowtobuiltyourownTitaniumBike-Page52.jpg

Source: MBA 94', Jun. - How to built your own Titanium Bike, Page 52

Thank you very much, for making my dream-frame ;)!!! For me there is really nothing compareable to a Fat...

Cheers,
Daniel

Last edited:

DocChill

Again something FAT from '93...

Hi Fat-Friends,

I recently found something FAT from '93 on eBay...
large_FatCityCyclesBrochure931.JPG

large_FatCityCyclesBrochure932.JPG

... a bit crazy to pay money for it, but it is a "must have" for me :rolleyes:! And I've got a big smile on my face now... ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

I-ROBOT

OK - here's my best shot from left to right:
Josh (last name? in the Mavic hat) machinist, tool maker, engineering student
Mike Flanigan (kneeling) painter, founding member of IF, now owns ANT Bike and the coolest handlebar mustache in bicycling
Laurie Pinkham (immediate right of Josh) did some painting early on and then came on full time as production coordinator / supervisor
Ben (last name?) worked in finishing
dark hat turned backwards - not sure
Rob (last name? arms folded and big smile) sales - founder of Fat Cogs
Chris Chance (kneeling holding the bike) needs no introduction here
Frank (last name? black kid with glasses looking away) finishing - martial arts and great all-around athlete
Debbie Nadolney (dark shirt and scarf) shipping - a good friend - miss her a lot
Joe (last name?) blasting and painting
Sue Kirby (gray sweater and glasses looking away) welder - worked for IF at start-up - best female welder I've ever known
Rob (last name? partially obscured by Sue) machinist on the cover of "Live and Uncut"
behind behind Rob with the hat - sorry can't tell / don't remember
Wendy "Wendyll" Behrend (white shirt and headband) needs no introduction here either
Yours truly Scott Bengtson - chief welder November 1986 to October 1994 - kneeling in front of Wendyll holding the welding mask
Reggie Jackson (black guy peeking out behind WB) frame fitter and keeper of the serial number book - another good friend missed. Of all the people in this picture other than Chris and Wendyll, he was the longest tenured employee, then me.
Lloyd Graves - (two-tone hat and eyes closed) frame fitter, machinist originally worked at Schwinn in Mississippi, founding member of IF, now works at Seven Cycles
guy on the end in the striped sweatshirt - I forget his name - worked in sales

Some folks missing that I believe still worked there at the time of the photo shoot
Christie Lawyer - sales - I believe she was the only one other than Chris and Wendyll to go to NY after Somerville closed
Gary Mathis - finishing and design - he did a lot of development on the Shock-a-billy
Dave Blakeney - welder - founded Bomber Cycles - another good friend missed
Not sure if Mike P and Bob Fulk were still there or not when this was taken.

Enjoy
Scott

fat-tony

Staff member
OK - here's my best shot from left to right:
Josh (last name? in the Mavic hat) machinist, tool maker, engineering student
Mike Flanigan (kneeling) painter, founding member of IF, now owns ANT Bike and the coolest handlebar mustache in bicycling
Laurie Pinkham (immediate right of Josh) did some painting early on and then came on full time as production coordinator / supervisor
Ben (last name?) worked in finishing
dark hat turned backwards - not sure
Rob (last name? arms folded and big smile) sales - founder of Fat Cogs
Chris Chance (kneeling holding the bike) needs no introduction here
Frank (last name? black kid with glasses looking away) finishing - martial arts and great all-around athlete
Debbie Nadolney (dark shirt and scarf) shipping - a good friend - miss her a lot
Joe (last name?) blasting and painting
Sue Kirby (gray sweater and glasses looking away) welder - worked for IF at start-up - best female welder I've ever known
Rob (last name? partially obscured by Sue) machinist on the cover of "Live and Uncut"
behind behind Rob with the hat - sorry can't tell / don't remember
Wendy "Wendyll" Behrend (white shirt and headband) needs no introduction here either
Yours truly Scott Bengtson - chief welder November 1986 to October 1994 - kneeling in front of Wendyll holding the welding mask
Reggie Jackson (black guy peeking out behind WB) frame fitter and keeper of the serial number book - another good friend missed. Of all the people in this picture other than Chris and Wendyll, he was the longest tenured employee, then me.
Lloyd Graves - (two-tone hat and eyes closed) frame fitter, machinist originally worked at Schwinn in Mississippi, founding member of IF, now works at Seven Cycles
guy on the end in the striped sweatshirt - I forget his name - worked in sales

Some folks missing that I believe still worked there at the time of the photo shoot
Christie Lawyer - sales - I believe she was the only one other than Chris and Wendyll to go to NY after Somerville closed
Gary Mathis - finishing and design - he did a lot of development on the Shock-a-billy
Dave Blakeney - welder - founded Bomber Cycles - another good friend missed
Not sure if Mike P and Bob Fulk were still there or not when this was taken.

Enjoy
Scott

Helllzzz Yezzz, thank you Scott!