What the fatlanta was supposed to look like

IF52

Y'all,

Olympics going on got my thinking about working at Outback Bikes in Altanta during the 96 games, and the whole Fatlanta concept we came up with. The resulting bikes were really a disapppointment to me, but it is what it is. I've mentioned before that the white paint was all Wendyll would agree to, and never even gave us a estimate on how crazy expensive my preferred design would have been.

I've since lost the original sketches, but another Cog went ahead and did this rendering for me. Since I no longer have a Yo! to repaint in this scheme I figured I would share it. The one on the left is the correct color flow, the one on the right has the colors backwards, but give you an idea what the bikes would have looked like built up

Attachments

• if52originaldesign2cfra.jpg
    if52originaldesign2cfra.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 91
  • if52originaldesign1.jpg
    if52originaldesign1.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 93

IF52

I would have been happy if we had at least had the option, if she would have at least gone back to Glen Falls and got an estimate of how much or if they could have done it at all. Even if the stars had been in white instead.

Ed at Atlanta Pro Bike, one of the first IF dealers had them build him an IF single speed with pretty much that paint job. Kind of a jab at me and at Fat.

colker

I would have been happy if we had at least had the option, if she would have at least gone back to Glen Falls and got an estimate of how much or if they could have done it at all. Even if the stars had been in white instead.

Ed at Atlanta Pro Bike, one of the first IF dealers had them build him an IF single speed with pretty much that paint job. Kind of a jab at me and at Fat.

Kona did something similar.

tvcreative

I kinda like the White...

the other is too busy...sorry red and blue make a purple mush when blended in my opinion

I do think the white could have used a starfield like your design or a better - more patriotic decal scheme....

thanks for sharing...

my opinion really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

IF52

Kona did something similar.

It was a bit different, and honestly wasn't even on my radar when we started working on this. Full disclosure though, we were a pretty big Kona dealer and we did have on of their cruisers in stock with the star and bars paint during the games.