Yo Eddy questions

Upchuck

I have a Yo Eddy Team Fat frame I'm planning to build up as a singlespeed. Serial # YO M2273. Not sure of the year, but I've been told it's '97 or later.
YoEddyFrame.jpg

I'll be building this myself and wanted to get the right BB size. I'm getting a Phil Wood BB and White Industries ENO crankset. Not sure which BB I need. Here's the link for the sizes:
http://www.philwood.com/Price%20List/TitaniumCrankBottomBracketSets.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rody

The magic of Google...

Here you go...

Bottom bracket - The ENO crank is designed with an extremely low Q factor.
With a 68mm BB shell we recommend a 113mm square tapered bottom bracket, however, some frames have wider chainstays and need a longer BB.

By simply taking a few measurements on your frame you can determine a suitable BB spindle length for your frame.

First measure from the center of the BB shell back along the chainstay 180mm. At that point measure across the stays. Your measurement should be from the outside of the stay to the opposing outside stay.

If the measurement is 135mm or less, use a 113mm BB.

If your measurement is higher than 135mm, then add the difference to the base 113mm to determine you BB length. For instance, if the chainstay measurement is 140mm then the BB length would be 118mm.

cheers,

rody

fatf**knchance

The Eno crank is very nice, but it comes un-polished very fast. you might want to hold out for the paul SS crank that is coming out very soon. i think they are going to offer it in colors too

Allhailbeefrod

fatf**knchance said:
The Eno crank is very nice, but it comes un-polished very fast. you might want to hold out for the paul SS crank that is coming out very soon. i think they are going to offer it in colors too

Hey i've heard rumors about the Paul crank. I couldn't find anything on the web about it though. Any links or anything? I heard it looks a lot like the old school Campy BMX cranks...

Anyways..
Cheers!

fatf**knchance

go to pauls website and view the my bikes link. he has them on one of his rides. the main page was flashing them, but its gone now. they look pretty sweet though.

vCi