Frame roller

DaveH

Since my last post ended with great results lets try this one on for size. Way back in the day when I damaged my original XT front DR I could only find a top pull one to replace it. I installed it and stupidly I removed the small wheel pully and have since lost it. I just recently found and purchased a NOS 1991 XT FD-M735. so Im in the need of a roller. Any ideas?

DaveH
91 Naked YO

Zook

DaveH said:
Since my last post ended with great results lets try this one on for size. Way back in the day when I damaged my original XT front DR I could only find a top pull one to replace it. I installed it and stupidly I removed the small wheel pully and have since lost it. I just recently found and purchased a NOS 1991 XT FD-M735. so Im in the need of a roller. Any ideas?

DaveH
91 Naked YO

People in the past have used the little Pulleyes from the rear derailler shift buddy things made by avid. They also make those cable pull helpers for using regular levers with v-brakes. Either one should do the trick for you.

fat-tony

Staff member
rollamajig

This was shared with me a while back and it is what I did for mine. Keep your eye out for the old style avid rollamajig (shifter enhancement) on eBay (it is what Zook is talking about). They come up from time to time. You want the old school metal kind, any color will work (not the newer plastic ones). Rob the metal silver pulley out of it. It's perfect.

By the way: I am looking for some manitou elastometers and was wondering if they would be the same for either the 1 or 2's (sorry couldn't resist). ;)