who can help me? SLIM Chance Production Info

Steve Potts

Hi,

@ first my english isn`t good. I Live in Germany and I have an 58er SLIM Chance who is Made in Boston. The Paintjob of the Frame and Yo Eddy Style Fork is silver/black its call harlequin. One Guy in Germany say that the german dirstriubution imported only one of this Frame with this paint sheme to germany. I find another one in the web (whos located in the USA) in the same paint shame (smaller Frame Size).

I Think about the paint sheme/ the yoeddy fork/Buston Made, that this Frame was one of the last before the Rest of the Fat Company move to Vermont.
The Framenumber is: 008C48
The 94 Catalogue have other Slim Modells (no Yo Fork there come late 1994?), My Modell was offered in the 1995 catalogues, but that the same year who Fat moves from Boston to Vermont. I am very confused:)
One of you knows, how many of this Boston Slim was made with this fork and paint sheme our have more information?

Thanks from Bavaria Tom

Attachments

• fat1a.jpg
    fat1a.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 33
  • fat4.jpg
    fat4.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 40

fat-tony

Staff member
Sorry I can't not help you with any information regarding your Slim Chance because I am not that knowledgeable about Slim's, but wanted to tell you that that is a beautiful bike!:beer: I can tell you that Fat moved from Somerville, Mass. to Saratoga. NY. The move to Vermont occurred after the move to New York. FAT brought tube sets and bottom bracket shells that were already stamped with serial numbers with them to New York. Some frames were completed in Somerville and shipped out before the move in 1994 and others were finished in New York.

The Framenumber is: 008C48

Thanks from Bavaria Tom

Hi Tom,

My best guess is that you have a 1994 Slim Chance. "008" means it's the 8th Slim made that year. "C" means Chris Chance (or could be an S for Slim). "4" means 1994. "8" means it's a 58CM.

I have a 1992 Slim Chance & the serial code reads this exact same way (mine is 050S24).

The company was in Sommerville (Boston) until late 1994. It was aquired & moved to Saratoga County New York from late 1994 until the end in late 2000. Operations were moved to Vermont for the last 2-3 years but the later frames were still made in the Up-State New York

Would love to see some more pictures of the bike. Cheers! Jon

tvcreative

I always thought the Harlequin paint scheme was beautiful, love it on YO's.

there are several on the forum that are outstanding...

Why would they only do this once on a slim when it was such a popular color scheme?

Syborg

welcome to the forum Tom. Your Harlequin Slim Chance is just a dream. We have quite a few nice Fat's here in good old Germany. And a fanbase dedicated to the beautiful Fat Chance bicycles.

Also check out the IBC forum in the Classic range, where you can find also some like-minded people. See you Syborg (from the beautiful Grand Duchy of Baden in Germany)

Steve Potts

@ all

Thanks for your answers and the information. I Think there was only a limited production of 94er Boston Slims with the Yo Fork Style ;) and a shorter Run with this colour...:)

@ Syborg: I am an old-young Member of IBC (more than 10 years-alias yoeddy33) but very inaktiv:).

Gruss/Greetings Tom