fork lengths

tvcreative

Does anyone know what year the BOI was introduced vs the 1 1/8th blade YO eddy fork?

is it 1992?

I know the BOI was intro'd on the anniversary YO but was it on the regular YO too?

thanks, interested in a history lesson

Jim

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
For Yo Eddy's it was a 93/94 transition.

My data:

My '93 Yo Eddy has a sus corrected 1 1/8" legged Yo Eddy fork. A local shop has a '94 Yo with the same sus correction, but the fork has 1" legs. YMMV.

I posted a comparison pic somewhere else here. The timeline on MOMBAT indicates that the Ti Fat had a BOI in '93, but the Yo Eddy didn't get it until '94.

tvcreative

thank you yo-nate-yo

I remember seeing that post of yours a while back....

I am knee deep in all these damn bikes, and have to sort out how to resto them right...

do you think a 1992 would still have an AC around 400mm or slightly longer 405 to 410ish

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The '92 I had was still the shorter length a-c, same as a '91. Not sure if the whole '92 year was non-sus corrected, but I would imagine it was.

You can tell by the head tube-- a sus corrected frame will have a shorter one. My '91 M is about 97mm, and the '93 (sus corrected) is about 90mm.

Bssc

92 it was an option for suspension correct
93 1 1/8 was an option soon phased into full by late 93 for 94 frames

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
What '94 frames had 1 1/8th headsets? I'm curious since I have never seen any. Or are you saying that was just an option? I always thought the switch to 1 1/8th was 1997.