Frame # 00119W

cstacey72

Hello all. Came across a Fat Chance in a trade. I am new to the biking community and do not know much about this bike. Hoping for some help. I know this bike was custom made for a sponsored racer and he traded me for some work I did for him. He was moving and has many other bikes so he got rid of a few. Everything was custom on this bike and was one of the first with the Rock Shox suspension. I've looked at many pictures and have not seen this paint scheme but it is original. Can anyone help me with some info. What model, year, or any other info. I don't think I have the time to clean it up or restore it. Any info or anyone interested in owing this please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0522a.jpg
    IMG_0522a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0527a.jpg
    IMG_0527a.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0525a.jpg
    IMG_0525a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0523a.jpg
    IMG_0523a.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 33

cstacey72

Additional Information

Thanks for everyone helping me out. Here is some additional information on the bike. Any help with what it is worth in the current condiditon would be great.

Fat Chance –Model “Wicked” 18 inch frame, S/N - 00119w … Made in Somerville, Mass. ….. 1987 or 88 or 89 ? It road in the 1990 World Championships in Durango , CO. in 1990.

one of the first with the Rock Shox suspension.

My guess is that the bike is from 1990!

That is a mid nineties Rockshox Judy XC (first year of the Judy forks was 1995) so it's not original. The judy is a much better fork than an older Rockshox that might have originally come with the bike but it would fetch the highest premium if it had an original Fat City Cycles Rigid Fork on it. Nice looking bike though!

One other thing I noticed was the top routed cabling. This was not typical for the Wickeds and I am guessing was custom done for this bike. It looks like the Yo Eddy Cable Routing so I am guessing this bike is from around 1990 (when the 1st Yo Eddy's came out)