Fork Choices????

settemarche

i am thinking about a mid 90's Yo Eddy build coming up. it has a one inch head tube that is suspension corrected. i have several options in inventory. please provide your feedback as to the best match.

1. Yo Eddy/BOI??? - would have to rob from Buckshaver.

2. Mag 21SL

3. Futureshock - regular silver legs.

4. Futureshock FXS - early tapered carbon legs in the Mag 21 style.

5. Judy SL

6. Marzocchi BAM Z2

7. Marzocchi XC 51 - would have to rob from Kona Cinder Cone

thanks as always,

Sette

Yo Eddy!

Hi,

The xc51 is a mid range fork. A Yo needs something more upscale. The other zocchi is too modern. Judys are crap. My 2cts :D Would go for one of the others, preferable the rigid forks. BUT breaking the Buck is not pleasant. Maybe the SL Ti ...or another Yo fork :rolleyes:

Are you planning riding it?

settemarche

Yo-Yo,

that is sort of what my line of thinking was. the SL is in great mechanical shape - but visually challanged. but i think that a Mag might be a little early time line wise for the Yo. i am leaning to the Judy SL and just have a rebuild done on it - speed springs?

yes, we are going to ride it. not beat the hell out it.

Sette

settemarche

tough to keep it rigid without going bankrupt. the Yo forks are going for more by themselves than i usually pay for complete bikes.

Sette

Yo Eddy!

Yo-Yo,

that is sort of what my line of thinking was. the SL is in great mechanical shape - but visually challanged. but i think that a Mag might be a little early time line wise for the Yo. i am leaning to the Judy SL and just have a rebuild done on it - speed springs?

yes, we are going to ride it. not beat the hell out it.

Sette

Hi,

I have Englunds fitted in a Judy. It is decent stuff. Unfortunately I not long ago noticed that TotalAir/Englund is no longer making them. Maybe go to some local shops and ask whether they have a kit? Place a wanted ad here?

I have no experience with speed springs.

Spikes

Mid 90's: is that 93 or 95? I am tempted towards front suspesion if it is from that era. If it is from 93 I would go for a Mag 21 SL. If from 95 a Judy SL would fit nicely. You could match the paint of the form to make it really look nice. I always had something with Rockshox, never with Marzocchi. But, sometimes Marzocchi's go real cheap and the are quality forks. Just don't like their design to much.
Speedsprings are a great option too, I have them in a Manitou 3. Bumpy bits are really crap, so that is a great upgrade. I would personnally upgrade a Judy only if it is up for revision.

settemarche

Spikes,

95. that is why i am feeling the Judy SL. the internals are done. so it will need a rebuild without doubt. i thought about painting the fork to match. but i think that i am just going to leave it yellow. the next Fat project will be full resto with matching painted fork. for which i have a NOS 1" Judy waiting in the wings.

Sette

Mid 90's: is that 93 or 95? I am tempted towards front suspesion if it is from that era. If it is from 93 I would go for a Mag 21 SL. If from 95 a Judy SL would fit nicely. You could match the paint of the form to make it really look nice. I always had something with Rockshox, never with Marzocchi. But, sometimes Marzocchi's go real cheap and the are quality forks. Just don't like their design to much.
Speedsprings are a great option too, I have them in a Manitou 3. Bumpy bits are really crap, so that is a great upgrade. I would personnally upgrade a Judy only if it is up for revision.