Corrected frames

ameybrook

I had a conversation with Rody about this and he said correction began showing up as early as 92 with most of the transition in 93.

YoKris

I had a conversation with Rody about this and he said correction began showing up as early as 92 with most of the transition in 93.

First time Fat corrected their frames for suspension happend in 93 with the Fat Ti. In 94 they corrected the Yo Eddy! geometry for suspension forks. Headtube length shortened from (e.g. for frame size M) 98mm (93 and earlier) to 90mm (94). That's it.

IF52

It is interesting then, that the while the 95 Fat catalog comments on how all of their offroad frames are suspension corrected, and the medium Yo has a 90mm head tube as you stated, the medium Ti Fat has a 100mm head tube. Seems to me the head tube length really isn't that great an indicator of whether the frame is suspension corrected or not.

YoKris

It is interesting then, that the while the 95 Fat catalog comments on how all of their offroad frames are suspension corrected, and the medium Yo has a 90mm head tube as you stated, the medium Ti Fat has a 100mm head tube.

Hey IF52,

I understand you. You get me wrong.

This refers to the Yo Eddy! model:"Head tube length shortened from (e.g. for frame size M) 98mm (93 and earlier) to 90mm (94 and later).

The Ti came out in 93 and was from the very first suspension corrected with a head tube length (e.g. size M) of 100mm. That the 95 Ti (e.g. size M) had the same head tube length, indicates even more that the head tube length is the crucial factor to indicate.

And that's more than obvious, cause the length of suspension forks in this age were a bit longer than e.g. the length of a '92 Big One Inch. One of my BOI; which is original equipped in my '92 10th is 15.75. The suspension corrected BOI I own however is 16.15.

colker

Hey IF52,

I understand you. You get me wrong.

This refers to the Yo Eddy! model:"Head tube length shortened from (e.g. for frame size M) 98mm (93 and earlier) to 90mm (94 and later).

The Ti came out in 93 and was from the very first suspension corrected with a head tube length (e.g. size M) of 100mm. That the 95 Ti (e.g. size M) had the same head tube length, indicates even more that the head tube length is the crucial factor to indicate.

And that's more than obvious, cause the length of suspension forks in this age were a bit longer than e.g. the length of a '92 Big One Inch. One of my BOI; which is original equipped in my '92 10th is 15.75. The suspension corrected BOI I own however is 16.15.

not. ti bikes (from most builder) often have longer head tubes. why? i suppose ti tubes being fatter need more welding area. maybe...

DaveH

No. It's my baby! ;) Never.

But a used one in M could be for sale within the next month. Should I let ya know, ok?!

cheers
//chris

I also have one I would never get rid of, just looking for another one I can put a shock on the front.

Bssc

Suspension correction was an inside option in 92, it was not in the catalog nor mentioned much on the phone it was still being worked out then.