• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

For sale: Igleheart 29er/monster cross frame

MTB Mania

Howdy Fatcogs

Sadly, my wife says I have too many bikes so Im letting go of a beautiful Chris Igleheart frame. It's easy on the eyes, a pleasure to own, and really fun to ride! There's a bit of an interesting back-story as well but Ill include the important details below so you can skip the story if you want. Anyway, I thought the COGS would appreciate this so here goes:

I once owned an Igle frame which I loved and had many wonderful rides on. I rode it until the day it died...underneath me (Don't hit dirt jumps on a vintage mountain bike). I longed to replace it and knew I would somehow, someday. Well, a while ago, I was surfing ebay for bike parts when I came upon an Igle frame that looked incredible but I couldn't afford it so I let the auction lapse. It took a while for the seller to re-list it, but when I finally saw it come up again at a lower price, I knew I had to go for it. I asked the seller a few standard geometry questions to which the seller seemed to give confused answers to as if they weren't particularly bike savvy. I decided to ignore the interactions and made an offer. We agreed on a price and the frame was mine! The day that it arrived, I hurriedly opened the box and pulled out my frame to admire it. Upon my preliminary inspections, I noticed a glaring crack right on the chain stay bridge. I was heartbroken. I contacted the seller immediately.
Luckily, I work for a certain metal guru and fabricator-extraordinaire at King Cage: Ron. Ron Advised me that I should get a full refund for the frame. Despite the seller's oversight, I knew I wanted to keep the frame.
I arranged for the seller to refund me partially and I would repair the frame in the metal shop. Well, thankfully Ron would end up doing the repair and the frame has since gained new life. Its been healthy and crack free for a bit now however I did not use touch up paint on the area to be able to keep a close eye on it. I built it up and its been great ever since. I returned to the same jump that claimed my other frame and hit it just to complete the circle. Moral of the story: Trust your intuition when wheeling and dealing in bike parts

The details:
Price: $500 (usd), buyer pays shipping
The frame is a large:
top tube (c2c) - 22"
seat tube (c2c)- 20"
Lots of tire clearance and sweet slider drop outs yet a steeper head tube angle. Would make a great monster cross bike or adventure tourer (kind of reminds me of a salsa fargo).
The headtube is the newer 44mm width, a chris king headset is included in the sale
Ive attached one photo of the frame built up as a single speed. Let me know if you'd like to know more or would like more pics!
Cheers! :beer:

Attachments

• igle.jpg
    igle.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 94