Nostalgia race photo...

Doug Carter

Staff member
While cleaning out some boxes from my recent move this weekend, I found some old shots from my racing days about 9 or 10 years ago. I think it might be the only photo of my old Yo, which was the spark for this website.

This is me racing at the 1994 (or maybe 1995) NORBA national race at Traverse City, Michigan. I raced beginner class and finished just a bit above half field of about 90 riders, but I finished my first big race at the time, and the bike was flawless and light as a feather. I always joked with my riding buddies that my bike and I combined weighed less than they did by themselves. :)

norba_traverse95.jpg

The bike was a M/L team violet, with plenty of black and purple Ringle and Avid CNC bits, Cook Brothers forged cranks, lots of titanium, a Rock Shox Judy SL ti and SRAM GripShift. It is the target for my restoration build, and what I am currently looking to replace as my daily ride.

doug

scant

nice!

Hi Doug
nice pic :)
maybe we should get a section purely to lavender FATS :D

mail me as to what parts you need to finish off the build, I might be able to help (which reminds me about the judy steerer, I'll chase that up now!)