ADDRESS of Shop

yo' djblu

Ok so i am in fat mecca BOSTON for a few more days and would love to roll by the location of the orig shop just to grab some snaps.

Does anyone know the address?

I will be moving myself and my 2 yo eddys plus my litespeed fat bastard to cambridge in the summer! Bringing them back to their home is thrilling to say the least.

hurry i have been here a month and only have 2 days left.

please and thank you.

yo'djblu

I-ROBOT

None of the buildings that housed the Fat City Somerville operations are still standing although the 331 Somerville Ave building may still be there in some form.:confused:

Fat City occupied the Olive Square shop from about 1985 to 1992. You can see the location from the Elmer Bumpus bridge on Washington St. just after it goes through Union Square. We shared the building with a couple of other businesses - most notably a tofu factory:skull:. The place really was a dump but some amazing bikes rolled out of its doors. It was razed several years ago and replaced by housing units.

We moved into the Linden St shop in the spring of 1992 and stayed until the closing in October 1994. We shared half of the building with a maintenance division of the Mass Water Resources Agency (MWRA). This building was also razed some years back and replaced by an apartment complex (right next to the MBTA commuter rail train - how sweet is that! - NOT)

Attached are some Google maps screen shots - maybe I can save you a trip since there's nothing to see now

Attachments

• Fat City Linden St.jpg
    Fat City Linden St.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Fat City Olive Sq Bumpus Bridge view.jpg
    Fat City Olive Sq Bumpus Bridge view.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Fat City Olive Square.jpg
    Fat City Olive Square.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 28

Jeeves

I visited what I believe was Olive Square back in the day. Rolled on in with no invitation, got a great tour, a couple stickers and a box of band-aids. :) A day to remember.

Stingercut

It all looked a bit Heath Robinson here bitd but what masterpieces rolled out of this factory too :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 34