Large Yo frame?

45Ronin

I'm new to Fat Cogs (registered yesterday), and wanting ownership in a FC frame. Being new to the Yo, Buck Shaver, etc. frames, I'm thinking a M/L or Large (6', 190, 32" inseam). The geo's are quite different than my squishy or 29 bikes so I'll need help on that.

The closest I came to the ride of a Fat Chance bike is my 96 IF Deluxe (it was an 18" with stock geo).

I looked at the bike for sale in the LA Craigslist but the pink thing is a bit much even for a dude with a 5 month old baby girl at home.

Anyone looking to bring in another owner to the clan, I'm interested.

Thanks.

45ronin@gmail.com

45Ronin

I'll amend that to a M/L Yo frame.

After reading the Fat Chance Geo's and comparing all my former and current rides, I think the M/L is my size. There are some Medium BS and Monsters for sale and I plan to get my hands on at least one to see if it will work, but the M/L is closest to my IF Deluxe 18" sizing.

I know it's goofy to thank an owners group, but getting "smart" on the FC history and lore has been very enlightening. MTBR.com was getting stale anyway.

As a young buck I always wanted a Fat bike, but funds kept me on Trek and Spezy stuff for most of my riding days. Hopefully now will be my time.

DC

Good luck with your search! The M/L Yos don't pop up nearly as often as the Mediums. A buddy of mine sold his 2 M/L frames about 8 years ago(before getting sent overseas) and has been looking for a nice replacement for about a year to no avail. Just be patient and check out Sitemash or one of the other combined auction listings daily, and on here and mtbr etc, and one will pop up!
Welcome to Fat COGs(Fat CWOGs- Fat Chance Want to Own Group for you mister!)

DC

rick

M/L Yo

I have 2 M/L Yos; would consider trades for comparable bikes in large size (not sure if this helps you or not).

rick

45Ronin

Nothing comparable

Thanks for looking out, but I don't think a Titus Motolite in size large is comparable. Hence, I have nothing close to barter. Give me a couple years in the owners group and I'll put forth stuff. By the way, this forum is awesome. I communicated with SetteMarche today reference his bikes. Fatcogs linked me up with a local Fat Chance owner/rider for future dealings. Good stuff!

If you decide to part with one of your M/L frames let me know. I'm talking (read badgering) a couple fatcogs members, both in the States and Europe in an effort to pick one up.

Only time will tell.

I'm new to Fat Cogs (registered yesterday), and wanting ownership in a FC frame. Being new to the Yo, Buck Shaver, etc. frames, I'm thinking a M/L or Large (6', 190, 32" inseam). The geo's are quite different than my squishy or 29 bikes so I'll need help on that.

The closest I came to the ride of a Fat Chance bike is my 96 IF Deluxe (it was an 18" with stock geo).

I looked at the bike for sale in the LA Craigslist but the pink thing is a bit much even for a dude with a 5 month old baby girl at home.

Anyone looking to bring in another owner to the clan, I'm interested.

Thanks.

45ronin@gmail.com

Is that you that picked up that Buck Shaver off ebay today? That's a very nice looking bike in mint condition! Jon

45Ronin

Nope

No, but I linked up with the owner of that bike a couple weeks ago. Great frame, in mint condition. Owner has tremendous pride in the FC bikes and a soon to be riding buddy.

If all works out, I should be wrapping up a deal before 2010 for my first FC. Stay tuned.

lucifer

You should pick up the large buck on ebay right now. At your size it will fit you fine and you won't have to run such a long stem. If my buck were a large I'd be keepin it.

45Ronin

Frame en route!

Early 2010 will bring some good times. Just picked up a 92 Yo frame from Nate.

A thanks goes out to Rody, Bansaii, Eli, Scaler, Settemarche, MikeyNYC, rick, and Fat66. Each provided knowledge, and some even offered frames that weren't for sale. I appreciate it all.

I was one click away from cbk07's candy blue 94 Yo, but it wasn't meant to be. If there was a complete bike to be had it was Craig's. I still want his Judy FSX fork!

This frame will be the core of a fun build project, and an eventual ride with grins from ear to ear.

The sick part is I'm already plotting my next retro bike.

IF52

You could always buy the large IF Deluxe I'm selling. That's kind of like a Yo Eddy. Sort of. ;)

45Ronin

I had a Deluxe, moving backwards in time

I saw your Deluxe. Nice bike, I loved mine. Info on it at www.45ronin.com. Time to go back in time, and probably stay there. I love the squishy Titus but need simplicity right now.