• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

10 anniversary for sale-large

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptb

Selling my 10th Anniversary Fat Chance with original owners card with all builders signatures. I'm the original owner. Good condition for a twenty year old bike with period correct components. Mix of XTR and LX(shifters and brakes), Hugi rear with Super Bubba front. A small dent on under side of top tube and some chain suck on the rear stay. The bike was ridden hard , but not abused...Comes with a Specialized air/oil front fork, still holds air , has a new rebuild kit still in wrapper and factory air pump. Also included is a brand new Chris King 1" head set. I'm asking $2,000, but will entertain serious offers. Have had local offers above $1,400.Serial number 182A2L I have had four brand new Fat Chance mountain bikes starting in 1985, this was far and away the best one.Will post pictures next week with new digital camera. Thank you.

Last edited:

rick

large 10th

I do not think that I have ever seen a 10th is the large size, anybody else? It is nice to see one that has actually been ridden as intended. Look forward to seeing pictures.

I do not think that I have ever seen a 10th is the large size, anybody else? It is nice to see one that has actually been ridden as intended. Look forward to seeing pictures.
I thought they were all Mediums but someone showed up with a S/M one at the Fat Party today!

ptb

very rare

According to Christie Lawyer, former long term Fat Chance employee and friend...fewer than ten were made in the large size. Rode the bike with her in the hills outside of Boston and then went with her the factory in 1992. If anyone is at the party in Stowe, ask Chris and Wendell about number of frames produced in large. This is not a "fake" ,I have owned since new and have original owners card which matches the serial number on the bike. The "L" in the serial number denotes "large".

tvcreative

Sorry to say...that dramatically changes the playing field (I'm out). I think your price is WAY out of whack with no fork, and a dent.

but best of luck to you...somebody will pony up

ptb

opinions vary on value it seems...most people in the late 80's and into the early 90's who were actually riding and racing took off the rigid forks with no thoughts of ever putting them back on. Most shops at that time had piles of "worthless" rigid forks. The bike was purchased to ride and race not sit in my garage just to show friends what a cool bike I had

tvcreative

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IF52

...most people in the...early 90's who were actually riding and racing took off the rigid forks with no thoughts of ever putting them back on. Most shops at that time had piles of "worthless" rigid forks.

Exactly, I've been saying that on here for years now. There is no such thing as a Yo or a Buck, etc. being MORE correct as an example of a 90s fat because it has a rigid fork. People just didn't buy Fats, generally, with a rigid fork. Or if they did buy the frame with a rigid fork, they either never used it, or didn't keep it on the bike for long.

The only exception is the 10th, which by all means is most correct and more valuable with the original rigid fork

ptb

I'm going to ask one of the guys who worked at the shop where I bought the bike if he knows where the fork might be...it is a long shot, but he is still in the industry and I stop by his shop from time to time....as far as value goes, when was the last time anyone has seen a large 10th for sale with fork or without? Anybody I knew who really rode , put front suspension on whether it was Yeti, Klein or Bontrager from that era. I didn't see anybody at races in 1992 without front suspension no matter what brand they were riding. Pull some pictures from the Mt. Snow Norba race in 1992, you'll be lucky to see one rigid front fork out of hundreds of bikes and you might see me on the 10th I'm selling ...

tvcreative

Well, I for one am excited to see pix...

There's an amazing device they make nowadays, it makes calls, and takes pictures without wires...

plus it connects to the internet so you can share things with friends...amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.