• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1983 Fat Chance 19.5" Frame/Fork/Bars For Sale $1000 O.B.O

MikeyNYC

*SOLD* 1983 Fat Chance 19.5" Frame/Fork/Bars For Sale $1000 O.B.O *SOLD*

**SOLD**
1983 Fat Chance serial # 83 59 (frame # 59 in 1983) size is approx 19.5" (please request measurements if curious), with the original box crown fork, the original bullmoose bars (with custom cable hanger by Rody of Groovy) all refurbished and repainted in fire engine red by Rody of Groovy Cycles. I have not yet built this up as a bike and am selling the Frame/Fork/Bars along with a Specialized alloy headset, a mint cond. SR LaPrade BMX seat post in Red (was NOS before I put it into the frame...pics of that are available) and a brand new set of the standard pressed in Bottom Bracket bearings all for $1000 (US$) or "Best Offer" (Plus Shipping-I will ship world-wide).

NOTE: There is 1 tiny "ding" on the top tube that was not repaired and just painted over by Rody, it is only cosmetic and not structurally unsound so he decided not to fill it in and leave it as is. It is hard to photograph but I will try to do so.

This bike came to me as a survivor/rider with a lot of patina, so I decided to restore it completely
(THIS IS WHAT IT ORIGINALLY LOOKED LIKE):

1983FATCHANCE_02.jpg

I had some rust holes repaired and then the whole thing was repainted with brand new but original Fat City decals and then clear coated, here are some images and links to the resto process from Rody's blog:

DSC01908.JPG

DSC01910.JPG

83+Fat+in+primer.jpg

http://www.groovycycleworks.blogspot.com/2009/06/doctor-to-emergency-roomasap.html

http://www.groovycycleworks.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-to-apply-decals.html

DSC02205.JPG

Here are some photos of it that I took myself:

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

Please ask any and all questions via PM, by using the e-mail feature on here, or by posting on this thread.
Thanks!

Last edited:

MikeyNYC

Thanks Natey, I want to move this one along because my 1984 is just too similar and already a complete bike, plus I no longer have the time to devote to building this one up as it deserves to be built.

Last edited: