Does my WICKED ass look FAT in these pants per CHANCE ?

Behind Bars

Hello all....and I am glad I have a chance to be here...with a Fat Chance....and
not just here to dream!!:cool:

I have been collecti
ng and restoring Vintage 26 BMX's for the last couple years.
I got back into the Mountain scene a short while ago...and have been finding it awesome!!!

In the last month I have managed to wrangle up two , 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzards,
....my 1990 Brodie Catylst with Gatorz....a 92 Kona Explosif pro..and now...a Chance.

I want to enter my frame in the Frame identification thread...but I would like to confirm on what I have learned so far.

Kandy Wild Cherry
19.5 size
Pressed in BB
Wicked Fat Chance
serial number is:
272 W 19

I think it's a late 89...or a 90
I want to button the year down tight, so I can decide on the Groupo I will build this
Phat Bitch up in :p:p

great to be here.....great to own a Fat City..

peace,

Kevin
British Columbia,
Canada

FatChance0002.jpg

FatChance0003.jpg

FatChance0001.jpg

I-ROBOT

She looks to be in decent shape. I noticed some paint bubbles on the seat tube in the second photo. Get a light and shine it down the seat tube and make sure it doesn't look the moon down inside there. If you can find a telescoping inspection mirror, use that to look at the tube surfaces. Might be tough to get it around the water bottle bosses but do what you can to assess the condition. Lower seat tube sections can be replaced if you are thinking about a restoration (looks like it would be worth it for this frame) and you would never know if its done correctly. Can't give you any idea of what that would cost these days. The guys here who are active in frame building can shed some light on that.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride
Scott Bengtson

Behind Bars

She looks to be in decent shape. I noticed some paint bubbles on the seat tube in the second photo. Get a light and shine it down the seat tube and make sure it doesn't look the moon down inside there. If you can find a telescoping inspection mirror, use that to look at the tube surfaces. Might be tough to get it around the water bottle bosses but do what you can to assess the condition. Lower seat tube sections can be replaced if you are thinking about a restoration (looks like it would be worth it for this frame) and you would never know if its done correctly. Can't give you any idea of what that would cost these days. The guys here who are active in frame building can shed some light on that.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride
Scott Bengtson

Thanks Scott..
I appreciate the help and input.

I sanded the Seat Tube down today, and all the bubbles are between the top coat, and the primer coat, with a few little rust spots making it to the tube.

It looks very sound, with no melt through ( rust never sleeps :(:( )
which is good!!!

thanks again for jumping in Scott,
peace,
Kev.