I'm giddy, I tell you. Just plain giddy.

misterdangerpants

So, I'm new here, but am a previous Fat Chance owner. :)

Okay, so since the early 1990s, I really wanted a Fat Chance Yo Eddy. I had a Wicked Fat Chance back then, and went with a Rhygin to replace that (all my bikes are from local framemakers). No regrets, as I still have the Rhygin and just performed a major overhaul recently. Anyway, it is increasingly difficult to find one in excellent condition these days, but I'm a patient soul. So, after finding a Yo Eddy locally, I contacted the owner, engaged in a pleasant conversation, and then immediately navigated my browser to PayPal to seal the deal.

A little history: The original owner purchased this Yo Eddy and had it built up locally back in 1993 and rarely rode it. From the serial number, he believes it's a 1992. He said it probably has less than 200 miles, with just a dozen rides or so, most of which were on pavement, and it's all original. I'm inclined to believe this as he also stated the original tires still have the nubs on them. :eek:

Here's a teaser:

attachment.php

Anyway, once I stop smiling and pick it up tomorrow, I'll post some photos. I have to admit I am giddy over the thought of finally having a Yo Eddy. ;)

misterdangerpants

photos...

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 42
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 39
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 27
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 43
  • attachment-4.jpg
    attachment-4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 30
  • attachment-9.jpg
    attachment-9.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 26
  • attachment-8.jpg
    attachment-8.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 17
  • attachment-7.jpg
    attachment-7.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 15
  • attachment-6.jpg
    attachment-6.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 24
  • attachment5.jpg
    attachment5.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

misterdangerpants

more photos...

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 16
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 49
  • attachment-3.jpg
    attachment-3.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 15
  • attachment-4.jpg
    attachment-4.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 11

Upchuck

WOW!!! I'm in awe! That is one clean Fat! Thanks for sharing the pictures. So it begs the question, will you be riding this beauty out on the trail, or is she a garage queen?

Please tell me you weren't preparing to ride it off the roof! ;)

misterdangerpants

WOW!!! I'm in awe! That is one clean Fat! Thanks for sharing the pictures. So it begs the question, will you be riding this beauty out on the trail, or is she a garage queen?

Please tell me you weren't preparing to ride it off the roof! ;)

Considering this beautiful ride basically sat dormant for the last 16 years, it has some catching up to do. :D I have the maiden voyage planned for tomorrow evening. Just installed new tires, so I'm very psyched!

Here's a photo with the WTB Mutano Raptor 2.4 tires. Lots of cushion! ;)

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 53

misterdangerpants

one of the main pluses of the yo x wicked is clearance for big rubber.

indeed. the more cushion the better! :) just installed Crank Brothers 5050 X pedals and I'm done. I have a new seat post and saddle that will be swapped out whenever my girlfriend is the primary rider. debating installing some riser bars for her also.

Attachments

• P7090002.JPG
    P7090002.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 14

kc67jc69

Glad to see you are going to ride it. I also posted some more fats for sale. Another Yo Eddy frame and fork if interested..Take care
john:rolleyes:

misterdangerpants

Glad to see you are going to ride it. I also posted some more fats for sale. Another Yo Eddy frame and fork if interested..Take care
john:rolleyes:

yeah, I'm heading over to the Middlesex Fells tonight for it's maiden voyage. can't wait to ride my first Yo! :D

Attachments

• P7090004_1.JPG
    P7090004_1.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

d3f3nd3r

Like an idiot I never thought to go big on the tires. Thanks, just ordered a set of your wtb 2.4's for my Yo.

Great looking garage find.

misterdangerpants

Like an idiot I never thought to go big on the tires. Thanks, just ordered a set of your wtb 2.4's for my Yo.

Great looking garage find.

Yeah, the bigger the better. I have another set of Michelin Mountain X'trem 2.5s en route, and am looking forward to a little more cushion.

Here are some photos from the 24 Hours of Great Glen. It was the first time the Yo saw dirt or mud.

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 20
  • attachment-1.jpeg
    attachment-1.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

fat-tony

Staff member
Yeah, the bigger the better. I have another set of Michelin Mountain X'trem 2.5s en route, and am looking forward to a little more cushion.

Here are some photos from the 24 Hours of Great Glen. It was the first time the Yo saw dirt or mud.

Treat that seat tube special with all that mud and water. I love it!

misterdangerpants

Treat that seat tube special with all that mud and water. I love it!

I'm actually bringing it up to Chris Igleheart today and he's going to drill a hole in the bottom bracket (or something like that) and treat the seat tube with some type of protective agent. I felt a little guilty putting the Yo through so much on its first off-road ride, but it was fun. Don't think I'll be subjecting it to so much mud as it was a pain cleaning it afterwards!

d3f3nd3r

I love seeing it get used. Very cool, I'm too chicken to take my Yo out like that. I drool over the paint job too much.

misterdangerpants

I love seeing it get used. Very cool, I'm too chicken to take my Yo out like that. I drool over the paint job too much.

well, that is the last time the Yo will see mud of that extent. trust me, it was painful to take a near mint bike through such horrific conditions. I was going to bring my Rhygin to that race, and probably should have. it'll still going to be ridden, but pampered a little more.

misterdangerpants

Just had NOS 1994 Mavic 230 SBP rims built up on the existing hubs. They look wonderful. Can't ride then for another 6 weeks due to recent elbow surgery, but I'm sure I'll like them.

Here are some photos:

Attachments

• P9070011.JPG
    P9070011.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 3
  • P9070010.JPG
    P9070010.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P9070009.JPG
    P9070009.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 4
  • P9070008.JPG